Website Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Find your passion for public service with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!
The Accountant position is responsible for performing a variety of professional accounting duties involved in the maintenance of financial records and the preparation of financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining financial records and preparing financial reports
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets
- Providing assistance to auditors
- Providing assistance with the administration of grants and contracts
- Reconciling bank statements
- Analyzing financial data and preparing reports
- Assisting with the preparation of tax returns
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- Proficiency with financial software such as QuickBooks and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Additional responsibilities of the Accountant position may include:
- Participating in the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Reviewing and verifying the accuracy of financial documents and transactions
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and reports for management
- Providing support to other departments in the organization with financial and budget-related matters
- Assisting with the annual audit process
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work effectively under tight deadlines is also essential.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the successful candidate for this position should possess excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also important, as the Accountant will be responsible for interacting with various stakeholders within the organization.
We are seeking an individual with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and a willingness to continuously learn and grow in their profession. If you meet the qualifications listed above and are interested in joining a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as an Accountant with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.