Website Queensland Health
This Job Listing is about Queensland Health in Alexandra, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
We are seeking a Medical Typist to work as a team member providing administrative support to the Division of Anatomical Pathology and Cytopathology at the Central Laboratory – Pathology Queensland. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory practices comply with Pathology Queensland requirements in providing an effective and efficient service to the District Health Services Statewide.
What we are looking for?
Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘Your key responsibilities’, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience.
- Current knowledge of medical terminology and well-developed keyboard and data entry skills.
- Ability to determine priorities, coordinate and finalise work within required time frames.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to enable communication with internal and external clients.
- Ability to register and track Anatomical Pathology material (slides and blocks).
Mandatory Qualifications/professional Registration/other Requirements
- While not mandatory, completion of a medical typing or medical terminology course or previous experience in anatomical pathology medical typing would be well regarded.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 ( Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 .)
Occupational group Health – Pathology
Company: Queensland Health
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Alexandra, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A