Technology, Information and Internet
This position supports the production finance functions over the life-cycle of production from script development through release and final close out. The candidate must operate in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal, Business Affairs, Finance, and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the episodic television production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Serve as point of contact for the financial operation of multiple original television productions.
- Coordinate with production service companies to set up writers rooms; track writers room budgets and facilitate script payments.
- Onboard location production accounting teams during pre-production to ensure compliance with Studio finance and accounting guidelines.
- Work closely with production accounting teams to ensure timely submission of month-end reporting and cash flows.
- Collect, review, validate monthly financial reporting for multiple productions and communicate results to internal stakeholders.
- Track production tax incentive estimates and workflows.
- Manage cash flow and funding schedules for assigned projects in multiple currencies.
- Work closely with Senior Production Finance Executives to manage close out of released wholly-owned and co-production titles.
- Ensure digital filing structure is utilized on productions and all files are delivered upon wrap/ completion.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A combination of 2+ years of experience in entertainment finance and production accounting in the film production industry.
- Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, PSL, MediaWeb, and Greenslate.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions.
- Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.