Technology, Information and Internet
Senior Program Manager Job Description
Do you enjoy designing and implementing solutions to ambiguous and complex problems? Are you looking to expand your scope of impact and influence VP level strategic decision making? Are you on the market for a new, exciting challenge where you are empowered to use your ingenuity to invent and innovate? If so, we are looking for talented people like you to join our rapidly growing compliance solution delivery team.
The Restricted Product team’s charter is to protect Amazon customers from products that are illegal, illegally marketed, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited by Amazon policies. In this role, you will work closely with corporate counsel, legal, business teams, selling partner experience and support teams, operational excellence, product, BI and data science/engineering teams to deliver high-impact end to end compliance solutions. Think of this role as a non-technical “solution architect” where you will be given the autonomy to develop a strategy and build effective controls to ensure product compliance in Amazon’s US marketplace.
Additional Perks Of The Job
- Team rapidly expanding; excellent opportunity for career advancement and upward mobility
- Learn about products you never knew existed on Amazon
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years’ of project/program management experience successfully managing and delivering large-scale programs/projects
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and influence across multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience delivering initiatives from conception through execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to distill complex information into digestible content for stakeholder groups (will request writing sample)
- Familiarity with program management tools, techniques and software
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in or with tech teams to build and deliver solutions
- Expertise in program management tools, techniques and software
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing information
- Basic HTML and/or XML, and SQL skills.