Website Amazon Development Centre (South Africa) (Proprietary) Limited
Technology, Information and Internet
Seasonal Technical Support Associate Job Description
As an Amazon Technical Support Associate, you have a very clear purpose: to investigate and resolve queries regarding Amazon’s digital services and devices, such as Kindle, Echo and Fire TV (among others) and to provide outstanding technical support to our customers. You’ll be the first point of contact for our North America and UK markets customers by answering their requests through phone, chat, and/or email, and use a variety of tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues in real-time, investigate solutions, and communicate effectively with customers. You will also be responsible for conducting escalations when necessary.
What are your hours?
This role requires working variable hours to match when customers need us most. You will work overnight/day shifts and your work week is minimum 40hrs, for example: 4x10hrs or 5x8hrs. In order to match our customer demand, we schedule based on a variety of different shift patterns within the operating hours of 2pm and 5am Sunday to Monday. You may be required to work national holidays and will be compensated accordingly.
What qualifications do we need from you?
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Have the right to work in South Africa
- 1+ years’ experience in an inbound Customer Service associate role, in a BPO or a contact center supporting phone calls.
- We require candidates to have completed an NQF Level 4 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or higher.
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral fluency) An overall minimum of 50% is required, as well as a minimum of 50% in English first language or 60% in English second language.
- Experience working with a computer
- The availability to work varying shifts from Monday to Sunday within the operating hours of 2pm to 5am
- Willingness and ability to work in rotating shifts (i.e. early, late, overnight, weekend, and overtime as required)
What strengths will you bring?
- Inquisitive, articulate, and solution-oriented
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Friendly and customer-focused in every situation