Technology, Information and Internet
Sr. Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a talented Sr. SDE to build the next generation of real-time streaming solutions. In your new job, you get the opportunity to influence and further scaling and simplification of live streaming platform. You will get opportunity to work together with a group of talented engineers and lead through your experience. You will build large scale system components using the massive frameworks and builder tools provided by Amazon builder ecosystem.
We are looking for a Sr. SDE for an area of strategic importance, significant business impact, and executive visibility at SVP level.
As Part Of This Job You’ll Get To
- Solve tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends jealous
- Design, write and release software for large scale .
- See your innovations in use by ‘real’ customers – small, large and really large
- Collaborate with some of the leading minds in and Big Data
- Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we’re all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
Kinesis services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current .
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (, , C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in building at scale
- Experience building highly available and operating 24×7 services.
- Experience with , consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases.