Website Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Technology, Information and Internet
Working at an Amazon warehouse is not for everyone. The job can be grueling and the hours are long. Some people thrive in that environment, but others find it to be too demanding.
If you’re considering a job at an Amazon warehouse, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. The work is physically demanding, and you’ll be on your feet for most of the shift. You’ll also be working with a team of people to meet strict deadlines. The hours can be long, and the days can be challenging. But if you’re up for the challenge, a job at an Amazon warehouse can be rewarding. Just make sure you know what you’re getting into before you apply.
- Amazon provides subsidized transport from Bedford to the site.
- You don’t need previous experience, you’ll get on the job training.
What You Will Get
- Competitive pay
- A safe, modern, and organized workplace
- 10% discount on both Amazon shipped and sold online products
- Free hot drinks, affordable meals and multiple break areas
- You can find out more about your Amazon benefits here
You might be carrying out any of the following tasks:
- Receiving, picking, packing, sorting, stowing products or parcels
After Training, You Will Also
- Move products using powered industrial trucks (PIT) and machines, like forklifts and power pallets
- The role is conditional on a successful pass of PIT training at LTN7.
- HTN7 does not require PIT training for their roles.
Skills You Need
- Your safety comes first. To be able to follow safety, quality and production standards
- You may stand and walk for the majority of your shift
- You may need to be able to lift (products up to 23kg), bend, twist, kneel and crouch
- You may be required to handle a full range of Amazon products, including alcohol, pork and other animal products
What is next
- Our application process is quick and easy, and you don’t need a CV. Click here for more information.
- Those who receive a job offer will need to undertake a background check before they join our team at Amazon.
- All candidates must, following an offer of employment complete a medical check-up to pass them for industrial machinery use before employment can start.