Website Bank of America
This Job Listing is about Bank of America in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
- BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Technology Infrastructure part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world.
Individual will be required to provide Oracle Database Administration support for complex applications. He/she will work with stakeholders on a daily basis to provide design and build activities, manage and resolve incidents.
- Responsible for End to End support of Non Exadata Platform including Database monitoring, investigating problems and developing solutions
- Responsible database refreshes using RMAN
- Responsible for Dataguard implementation and maintenance
- Responsible for troubleshooting performance issues including SQL tuning
- Responsible for understand Exawatcher, Exacheck, TFA, AWR, ADDM and ASH reports and suggest improvements
- Responsible for identifying OS CPU, Swap, memory and IO issues and suggest improvements
- Responsible for Database Security and availability
- Responsible for Installing, Patching and upgrading complete Non Exadata Stack
- Responsible for Change implementations and blackouts according to Release docs or implementation Plan
- Responsible to work with application team and guide them in proper implementation plan
Experience range: 4+ years of Oracle DBA experience.
- Strong experience in supporting End to End Non Exadata Platforms including cell storage Administration
- Troubleshooting IB Switch, ILOM issues
- Expertise in RHP is a plus
- Strong Oracle 11g,12c, 19c Database concepts
- Exposure to Unix Administration skills and scripting (Perl / Shell) is a plus
- Good Analytical skills to identify RCAs across platform
- ASR follow-ups and resolution
- Expertise in Performance tuning at DB and OS level
- Expertise in using OEM for troubleshooting and performance issues
- Strong experience in installation and administration of 12c/19c Oracle RAC, Dataguard
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Should be able to work independently and support complex and highly critical environment
- Strong Technical skills and troubleshooting skills
- Lead the triages and should be able to work with multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Configuring monitoring tools like OEM
- Using Bladelogic Database Automation (BDA) for Database activities like installation, patching and upgrades
- Experience in troubleshooting issues on various UNIX flavors like Linux, Solaris, AIX etc.
6:30 AM to 3:30 PM – Shift A
1:30 PM to 10:30 PM – Shift B
Should be willing to support night shift on rotational basis if required
Job Location: Chennai,Mumbai,Gurugram,Hyderabad,GIFT
Company: Bank of America
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A