Website Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking SGCIB
This work as a career listing is about Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking SGCIB in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture. Within the Group, the natural resources unit mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
GLBA/NAT/NRG is in charge of financing and advisory services for energy projects worldwide providing integrated financing solutions that span the whole capital structure and cuts across the entire energy value chain.
Energy Plus Group (“EPG”), a sub business line of GLBAI/NAT/NRG covers Power (Thermal, Renewables, Nuclear and related infrastructure) and Oil & Gas which include. LNG, Upstream, Petrochemical, Pipelines and Refining. One of the key advantages of the unit is industry sector knowledge and this is supported by the presence of professional engineers in the team.
EPG is a global team and across the London and Paris offices, the coverages extends to EMEA and CIS regions.
Provision of financial advisory services is a focus of the team, supported by financing using both the bank’s balance sheet, derivatives and the capital markets. It is intended to widen our activity to include private debt and equity placement.
Summary Of The Key Purposes Of The Role
The role of the position of Analyst, in the Advisory and Project Finance Team, is to assist in the origination and execution of project finance debt advisory and arranging roles in the Energy sector (including oil & gas, petrochemicals and power, including renewables).
Summary Of Responsibilities
Transaction support to the relevant deal team leader on advisory and arranging mandates, to include:
- Build and run financial models as necessary
- Input and review of due diligence reports
- Credit analysis and assistance with preparation of credit applications
- Review and structuring of project documentation
- Preparation of presentations to clients and other banks
- Assistance with periodic Borrowing Base Reviews / Redeterminations
- Manage admin requirements including internal pricing, client on-boarding, KYC, permanent supervision etc
Origination and marketing support including:
- Research (including working with the bank’s information resources)
- Preparation of marketing documentation and participation in presentations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of client relationships i.e. visiting clients with senior bankers to deliver pitches
- Liaise with other banks to explain deal structures and aid in sell down and syndication of loans
- Keep up with industry trends across the energy sectors
General support, as required, within Energy Plus Group, including contribution to effective teamwork within the global team and with other groups in the bank.
Skills And Experience Of a Successful Candidate
- One to three years’ experience in a related field
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ideally a scientific-based degree such as Physics, Engineering or Economics
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- Strong interest and good level of understanding of the energy industry
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Cashflow or valuation modelling experience
- Fluency in a second language is an advantage, but not essential
Behaviour attributes of a successful candidate
- Team focussed
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
Company: Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking SGCIB
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A