Website SC Johnson
This Job Listing is about SC Johnson in Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
At SC Johnson we have an opportunity for a Logistics Operations Analyst – South Africa
Our internal job title is Analyst Inventory + Systems – South Africa
About Sc Johnson
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
You will be based in our Commercial Head Office, in Maxwell Office Park situated within the Waterfall City development in Midrand.
Reporting to the Associate Manager, Logistics Operations & Systems (LOM) you will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations related to warehousing, secondary freight and inventory accuracy for the region. The Logistics Operations Analyst (LOA) will assist in ensuring SCJ meets customer service expectations within budgeted costs.
- Run the volume forecasting process for 3PL’s and coordination/escalation of capacity concerns
- Gather operational metrics from 3PL’s and apply Lean principles to deliver root-cause analysis
- Lead continuous improvement plans to improve service, Book 2 Book (B2B) accuracy and CTS KPIs
- Solve day to day operational issues impacting Case Fill Rate (CFR) (B2B discrepancies, OTD failures)
- First internal escalation point for day to day service issues (Deliveries and other)
- Validate accuracy of 3PL invoices and resolve related invoice queries
- Ensure correct allocation of costs for order processing
- Track operational costs monthly vs budget
- Lead data collection to build and maintain the Cost To Serve database
- Lead CTS monthly reporting
- Monitor cluster CTS vs Budgeted distribution model, reporting deviations to LOM and CTS Lead
- Provide CTL analysis to support monthly SF/ODE meetings
- Secure data collection for CTS, Daily, Weekly and Monthly Operational Reviews
- Manage the inventory accuracy at designated 3PL’s and finished goods warehouses to meet budget and operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Analyse and solve problems involving inventory variances, receipt discrepancies, returns, obsolete damage, custom pallets, confirmations, past dues, and unfilled orders
- Support the reverse logistics process, including management of returns
- Inventory management including compliance and reporting of picking methods, remnants and obsolescence stock, current inventory ageing, as well as supporting other related processes
- Coordinate communication between internal functions and external parties (RDC/Contract Packer) regarding various queries to ensure standards are met and improved
- Inventory Accuracy, including book to book reconciliation, coordination and audit of cycle and stock counts
- LOM in following up action plans with 3PL’s to address poor metrics
- CSC and CTS reporting and service level issues
- LOM, Planning and Customer Fulfillment teams in day to day trouble shooting e.g. over capacity/stock allocation/transport issues
- LOM and 3PL in implementing continuous improvements
- LOM, Kenya/Nigeria and commercial teams in day-to-day issues
- Projects, including NPDs
Required Expertise And Skills
- Bachelor degree with Logistics/Supply Chain as a major.
- The ability to build business relationships and external collaboration opportunities wherever possible.
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to powerfully portray data and leverage to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong excel skills for analysis – minimum looking for pivot tables and vlookups ideally
- Ideally will have an understanding of developing and leveraging standards in a warehousing environment along with a firm grasp of statistical analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both for dealing internal customers and external vendors
- Lean/Six Sigma advantageous.
- SAP ECC/R3 working knowledge (MM and SD modules), PLM, BW is and advantage
- Power BI, Tableau or similar tools for report set up and presentation advantageous.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
Company: SC Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A