Website Southwest Airlines
This Job Listing is about Southwest Airlines in Denver, CO 2022
About the job
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Starting pay of $15.87/hour
Benefits You’ll Love
- Opportunities for overtime and shift pick-ups (Overtime pay is computed solely on base pay rate)
- Fly for free on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents fly, too)
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck**
- An annual Profit Sharing contribution toward retirement—when we profit, you profit***
- Competitive health insurance for you and your family
- Opportunity to buy Southwest Airlines common stock at a 10% discount+
- Pay raise guaranteed after the first six months, and every year on your anniversary.
The work of the Appearance Technician shall include, but not be limited to:
- Cleaning, washing, and polishing the interior and exterior of airplanes, airplane parts, maintenance equipment, shops, and hangars.
- Replacement of aircraft seat covers and aisle rugs on service checks, turnarounds, or through-flights.
- The driving of motor vehicles, when necessary, in connection with the work of an Appearance Technician.
- Carry out safety and/or security initiatives as directed by Southwest Airlines or the FAA.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. Driver’s License, have the ability to obtain a SIDA badge and meet local airport requirements.
- Must be able to work well in confined areas, reach, and stand for long periods of time while washing and waxing the aircraft.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, and sit in order to replace aircraft carpet and seat covers, and while performing cleaning tasks and other duties.
- Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, learn, and understand operations procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment, subject to adverse weather conditions, including extreme heat or extreme cold, as well as aircraft noise.
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment as needed.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions in writing, verbally, or via radio equipment, as needed.
- Must be capable of being trained on, as well as, operate a forklift and a tug.
- Must be capable of being trained on, as well as, operate scissor and boom lifts at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to easily climb up and down ladders, stairs, and stands while cleaning the interior and/or exterior of the aircraft, including times while washing and waxing the aircraft.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to comply with the Company attendance standards as described in labor agreements and/or established guidelines.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Denver, CO
Application Deadline: N/A