This Job Listing is about Appen in Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
You enjoy competitive pay and benefit from having no set work hours or schedules. You will have the flexibility to schedule your hours to fit your lifestyle and to work around your career and family demands. You have the freedom to choose when and how much you would like to work.
We are looking for people from all over the world to participate in some of our many exciting work-from-home opportunities. These opportunities range from simple surveys that can be completed in less than one hour to ongoing projects that last for months or longer. Leverage your social media interest, mobile device savviness, your college degree in linguistics, online research skills, or passion for images, video, or audio. With so many diverse projects, chances are we’ve got something for you.
Appen contributors conduct in-depth internet-based research and provide information evaluation for leading companies from around the globe. Ideal candidates are self-reliant, self-motivated, are very internet savvy, have a broad range of interests, and enjoy online research and evaluation.
Here are examples of some of the opportunities that may be available:
- Search Media Evaluation
- Social Media Evaluation
- Translation Services
- Transcription Services
- Survey and Data Collection (Short projects that last from 15 minutes to three hours)
- Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
- Lexicon Annotation
- Speech Evaluation
- Image Annotation and/or Transcription
- Video Annotation
- Sensor Data Annotation i.e., LiDAR, Radar, etc.
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills
- High-speed internet access (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.)
- A personal computer running Google’s free Chrome web browser, version 45 or newer, or, for some assignments, specific mobile devices – i.e., smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware software
What You Need To Be Successful
- You must be smart, curious, and enjoy online research.
- You must pass a qualification exam on many projects to make sure you understand the requirements.
- You must be a motivated, self-driven, organized individual, and you should do well.
Once you complete the registration process, you will be able to receive feedback via email or direct through the Appen Connect platform. If you are interested in also applying for other projects, make sure that you complete your profile so you can unlock more projects for your account!
“A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds.”
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A