This Job Listing is about Mars in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
The Assistant Brand Manager will support the Portfolio Managers to deliver portfolio growth for the business unit, in line with the category and portfolio strategy. The role holder will support through effective management of portfolio details and administration for the team.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Work closely with portfolio managers; with time and focus divided: – 50% on Food, 25% Pet & 25% MW
- Oversee all A&CP budget processing (Raise PO’s, FO’s, etc) and monthly budget tracking across portfolios
- Support annual portfolio plans in line with segment strategy by
- Facilitating quarterly portfolio performance reviews with internal & external data
- Managing all artwork creation & delivery for renovation/innovation projects
- Support with administration related to portfolio management – eg regional templates, website deployment, translations
- Support portfolio regulatory & legal listing / coding
- Champion identified portfolio related projects (ie renovation, innovation, profitability)
- Support Portfolio Managers in deploying brand activations (EBAs) as defined in the segment strategies eg sampling, competition terms, etc
- Lead and co-ordinate all creative, media, social & PR agency meetings (& occasional pitch processes)
- Drive Portfolio team training and culture/ ‘Togetherness’ agenda & team status
- Lead & Co-ordinate Portfolio Management Review (PMR) in S&OP+ (Step 1)
This role has a high degree of cross functional and cross portfolio influence, so it is critical to be able to work comfortably with multiple teams such as Sales, Category, Regulatory, Finance, etc etc. This requirement extends externally with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with agency partners.
Understanding budget management, creation of PO’s, FO’s and the ability to track spending across A&CP buckets will be key as will be holding Portfolio managers accountable to spends and plans.
Your Support in delivery of initiatives on time and in full will be imperative with key operational deliverables such as artwork creation (& approval process); legal & regulatory registration co-ordination as well as EBA execution support such as sampling, translations and website management.
You will own step 1 of the S+OP+ process in terms of co-ordination and collation as well as drive the training & team culture agenda
Key analytics support in the form of facilitation of quarterly performance & competitor reviews
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A