This work as a career listing is about FHI in Chicago, Illinois, Spojené státy 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Associate Director of Finance and Administration
Jordan Higher Education for Prosperity Program
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships, and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities, and countries to succeed.
The Higher Education for Prosperity program is expected to focus on improving performance of core functions by higher education institutions, including student-centered teaching and learning, research, and engagement; and supporting effective and sustainable collaboration among higher education institutions, industry, and government stakeholders to improve teaching and learning, research, and innovation. FHI 360 seeks qualified Associate Director of Finance and Administration for the above program in Jordan. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Develop and maintain sound financial and administrative management systems in line with USAID rules and regulations and the local laws, accounting for best practices and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day administration, accounting and finance function for the project, including supervision of a Finance Officer, Grants Officer and Procurement and HR Officer.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties between different financial tasks and functions.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports, budget vs. actual reports, forecasts, and accruals, in coordination with the headegional office.
- Lead the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets in line with national laws, donor regulations and corporate policies
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to USAID and FHI 360 homeegional office
- Review financial analyses and budget vs. expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions as required
- Develop capacity and train staff and partners on financial policies and procedures, and U.S. Government rules and regulations.
- With COP oversight, manage and guide the day-to-day activities of the project, with emphasis on subcontract management, facilities and general administrative operations of the program.
- Maintain regular communications with the senior management team providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision-making purposes
- Ensure that all operations, administrative and contractual activities and expenditures are consistent with the project work plan and budget
- Prepare for and oversee financial audits
- Oversee Operations and Administration staff, ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately
- Lead recruitment, orientation, and training of new administrative or accounting staff
- Ensure implementation of and adherence of FHI 360 Human Resources policies including compliance with national labor law.
- Administer compliant procurement system, cash management, and develop the required manuals and training programs for other staff members
- Negotiate with vendors for best terms for procuring goods, supplies and services in compliance with USAID and FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Oversee grants management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
- At least eight years of experience in general management, financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting on donor-funded projects. USAID experience strongly preferred
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, manuals, and systems
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and/or support staff
- Previous experience in the Jordan preferable
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English and Arabic
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois, Spojené státy
Application Deadline: N/A