This Job Listing is about Heitman in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a premier global real estate investment management firm with over $50 billion in assets under management. Heitman has three main business lines: direct real estate investment; the origination and servicing of debt secured by real estate and investments in publicly traded securities, including REITs, REOCs and other real estate companies. The Firm offers investment products and services across the risketurn spectrum, within each category.
Heitman is proud to be employee owned, and the firm’s real estate solutions are directed by some of the most experienced and innovative professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Luxembourg, Melbourne, New York, Seoul and Tokyo, Heitman has 350 employees who offer specialized expertise — from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking an Associate to join their Financial Operations & Analysis team. We are looking for a self-starter, who is highly collaborative, analytical and has a strong interest in Real Estate. The Financial Operations & Analysis team offers a unique and dynamic opportunity for accounting and finance junior professionals to learn about various aspects of private equity real estate and debt, including fund operations, valuation, accounting, financial reporting, performance management, and portfolio & asset management activities.
The responsibilities of an Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reports, supporting schedules, and related footnotes
- Compile and analyze investment budgets and business plans with the asset management and property management teams
- Liaise between fund administration, asset management, joint venture partners, fund clients, other internal Heitman groups, and other third party vendors
- Review analyses of budget variances relative to actual performance
- Review complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Assist with year-end audit and address valuation-related audit questionsequests
- Work with third party vendors, asset management, research, and acquisitions teams to prepare and analyze quarterly property and debt valuations
- Utilize Argus, Yardi, and Power BI to complete analytical and research tasks
- Calculate discounted cash flows, yields, distributions, income/capital estimates, net asset values, and returns (including time-weighted returns and IRRs)
- Prepare and maintain fund models and projections
- Exhibit knowledge of economic trends, accounting principles, financial markets, and the analysiseporting of financial performance data
We are seeking individuals who meet the following criteria:
- High performing accounting, finance, and/or real estate graduate
- Seeking candidates with 0-2 years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Experience with Argus, Yardi, and/or Power BI is a plus, but not necessary and all requisite training will be provided
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage requests from multiple business partners under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
The Heitman Difference – Culture
Our culture recognizes the importance of our biggest differentiator — our people. Heitman’s collaborative work environment gives our professionals the opportunity to build something together. Something too appealing to ignore and too rewarding to leave.
Our culture is driven by our core values: Respect, Commitment, Innovation, and Integrity. We strive to maintain an inclusive and collaborative environment where all ideas are welcome. Among many other Heitman sponsored programs, we encourage our employees to get out into the community and volunteer with their favorite organizations – you’ll even get paid time off to do just that!
Heitman offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, and a generous vacation/sick plan.
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A