Website UNHCR the UN Refugee Agency
This work as a career listing is about UNHCR the UN Refugee Agency in Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Associate Human Resources Officer supports the UNHCR’s People Strategy and contributes to the implementation of the 2018 independent Human Resources review, which resulted in the establishment of HR strategic priorities and the reconfiguration and transformation of the Division of Human Resources (DHR) from a largely transactional model into a strategic business partner for field operations and senior management. Having the right people in the right place at the right time is at the core of enabling UNHCR to protect and respond to persons of concern. By attracting, retaining and developing a talented, diverse and agile workforce while nurturing a culture of excellence, respect and wellbeing for all, UNHCR¿s Human Resources acts as a strategic partner to the organization, enabling a people-centric culture.
The Associate Human Resources Officer provides support and assistance in the areas of operational support, workforce planning, assignments and talent acquisition, organizational cultural changes, HR policy implementation and duty of care. The incumbent maintains employee confidence and protects the organization and its workforce by keeping human resources information confidential.
The Associate Human Resources Officer is usually supervised by the HR Officer or Senior HR Officer or Head of Office in a Country Operation, or the most senior HR staff in a Regional Bureau. She/he usually supervises HR General Service staff.
Workforce Operational Support:
– Assist in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
– Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks.
– Contribute to the development of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
– Provide support, guidance and trainings to HR staff.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
– Coordinate the process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of locally-recruited staff and affiliate workforce, also assisting with set up and running of (Regional) Assignments Committee where relevant.
– Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants. Ensure proper consideration is given to all applicants without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
– Analyse, track and report on recruitment and assignments trends for management, including efforts to reach gender parity.
– Take a proactive approach to risk management in the areas of recruitment, ensuring the issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
Advice to managers and staff, and contribution to an inclusive work environment:
– Build dialog and outreach with staff; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
– Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce¿s health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
– Ensure that on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding support, is provided to colleagues. Induction programmes should include information on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct as well as workforce¿s rights and obligations.
HR policies and inter-agency:
– Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
– Participate in the ICSC survey on living conditions and classification of duty stations as well as in the UN Country Team local staff salary survey and other local inter-agency HR-related fora and initiatives.
Duty of Care:
– Contribute to establishing and maintaining a medical evacuation plan with senior management, Field safety and the Senior Medical Officer.
– Assist in the security and medical evacuations of UNHCR personnel.
– Support the implementation of a Duty of Care strategy. Identify and assess issues related to duty of care including physical, mental health and safety of UNHCR¿s workforce, promoting workforce balance.
For positions in Regional Bureaux only:
In the absence of a Senior Talent Development Officer in the Bureau:
– Contribute to the implementation of a talent development strategy for UNHCR workforce in the region, in line with UNHCR¿s needs and staff members¿ career planning.
– Contribute to the implementation of a talent sourcing and acquisition plan to identify talent mainly among but not limited to national staff and affiliate workforce in the region.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Human Resources Management; Human Resources Development; Personnel Administration;
Business Administration; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
UNHCR HR certification;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience working in Human Resources. UNHCR HR certification is a plus. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
Experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Administration, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy or talent development. Experience in HR information technology systems and tools. Experience in field humanitarian operations and/or emergency settings. Experience working with the United Nations. Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply, interested candidates are requested to visit https://bit.ly/3ESweXg
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Closing date of receipt of application: 15 December 2022 (midnight Geneva time)
This is an edited version to meet LinkedIn standards. For the official job description, please visit unhcr.org/careers.
Company: UNHCR the UN Refugee Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A