This work as a career listing is about HSBC in Pune,Maharashtra,India 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Associate Project Manager.
In this role, you will be required to:
Technology is rapidly changing, with customers wanting to interact more quickly and securely with their service providers. For HSBC Technology, the ability to deliver innovative technology, rapidly, continuously and safely, is at the heart of delivering the simpler, faster, better banking experience that our customers and colleagues expect.
Chief Technology Office (CTO) is global team of over 9,000 colleagues across 45+ markets. We are the technical foundation of the bank and manage HSBC’s underlying hardware and systems supporting over 250,000 colleagues enabling 50+ million customers around the world. The team includes Infrastructure and Global Cloud Services & DevOps. Our infrastructure estate spans data centres, databases, middleware, external and internal Cloud and end user technologies and devices, to name a few. We also lead all the networks and help desks. We’re here to enable colleagues and customers to bank and operate in a stable, safe and secure way.
We also need to be cognizant of the impact of all these changes on DBS and HSBC, ensuring that the right level of governance, controls and reporting is in place and managed appropriately.
The CTO PPM Project Managers lead and manage medium scale complex global strategic change projects/programmes and business transformations with the business and delivery partners (circa $5m + budgets, matrixed teams, multiple business lines). They act as a role model, working as one global team, demonstrating active leadership and communication. They need to be able to operate at executive level, across regions and global businesses.
Project Managers are responsible to adhere to the HSBC ChangeFrameworks within their project/programme and instilling excellent project/programme disciplines within their project/programme and across Technology and the HSBC Group. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management. They are also responsible for effective handover of the project/ programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation. They work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global CTO PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their proejct/ programme with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
Project Managers will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. They may also have line management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
The specific purpose of this role is to establish and deliver (manage / direct / track) and report progress on a number group wide projects/programmes that will ensure that HSBC meets its obligations in respect of a number of key Intrastructure Delivery capabilities.
This role holder will establish and deliver projects/programmes within the CTO PPM Change the Bank (CtB) portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Service Sustainability portfolio (SSP), Transformation, CTO Corporate Services Estate portfolio.
As Project Manager in the CTO CtB programme, the role holder will provide direct oversight of the programme(s)/ project(s)’, financial and outcome accountability, reporting to a Portfolio Manager within CTO. In executing this role, the Project Manager will need to:
- build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT, Global Businesses, Finance
- work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global CTO PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their project/programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
- provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
- lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
- Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at project/programme level, as set and communicated by HSBC Group, regulators and CTO PPM Practice.
- Own the the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
- have responsibility for effective handover of the project/programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
- have responsibility for deploying the HSBC ChangeFrameworks and respective methodologies within their Programme/Project and instilling good programme/project disciplines within their project and wider team.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding project and programme management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to direct and influence people in a matrix orientated environment and establish working partnerships at a junior and senior organizational level.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Change agent with proven ability of implementing large scale organizational, procedural, technology and people related change programmes.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to recognise to the global remit of this role.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Experience of delivering large scale change programmes within a Technology organization, with Infrastructure experience.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC.
- Experience of leading and managing teams with proven track record of working with diverse, cross functional teams that are located regionally and worldwide.
Experience of driving continuous improvement
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune,Maharashtra,India
Application Deadline: N/A