Website Absa Group
This Job Listing is about Absa Group in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Automation Tester (12 Months Contract)
Location: Cape Town/JHB
Absa CIB Digital Technology is looking for skilled and passionate professionals to join the Absa Access API Gateway team. The API Gateway is the future of exposing various internal bank products and functionality to our partners, clients, and colleagues.
We are currently in a significant growth phase and looking for strong, passionate software engineers to join our team on a contract basis.
Our team builds primarily in .Net Core, on AWS, and with Agile approaches – our software needs to be fast, scalable, secure, and reliable. We want creative developers with this mindset to bring their experience and skills to this critical space within Absa!
Competencies – What are the specific key competencies required?
- Min 5 years’ automation testing experience
- Automation Testing experience, including DevOps and CI/CD
- Exposure to open source (Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in the following: Selenium, Cypress.io, Cucumber, SpecFlow, Jmeter.
- Experience with performance engineering and load testing is a huge plus.
- Experience & expertise (Basic) in coding languages such as Java, C# .Net and some experience- in software engineering / development
- Well versed in web services paradigms such as REST and protocols such as HTTP.
- Experience working on web applications and/or web-based technologies.
- Proficient in multiple forms of test approaches for application testing including functional, cross-browser compatibility, mobile, web service, and integration testing etc.
- Experience with SOAP, REST, RPC or other client-server API testing.
- Experience in Git or other source code management systems.
- Comfortable in AGILE development environments and cross-functional team structures.
- Experience with end-to-end SDLC, testing methodologies and test phases, including unit, assembly, system, integration, regression testing.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong analytical abilities, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as display strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in creating own automation frameworks.
Outputs – What are the key performance areas and daily responsibilities?
- Proactively contribute & participate in the full solution development lifecycle as a member of a squad / multiple squads as an QA automation specialist engineer
- Actively participate in daily Scrum and project planning meetings. Participate and analyze test automation requirements during the requirements analysis phase of technical product & service development, maintenance & optimization (across tribes & squads) – using design specifications and technical documentation (e.g. Business Briefs, User Stories, Architecture & Integration documentation)
- Prepare QA & Automation testing documentation (planning, design, execution and sustainability)
- Develop automation test plans
- Develop and execute automated test scripts using various technologies (automated scripts, test harnesses, SQL scripts etc.)
- Perform various types of automation testing (regression, integration, black box, scalability)
- Evaluate automated test cases and analyse & report results
- Facilitate test plan / case reviews within squads
- Work with product engineers to evaluate software / solution quality & provide recommendations for improvement / enhancement
- Contribute to the design and selection of testing frameworks for business applications
- Deliver all automation & technical testing deliverables on time (always)
- Provide the required project / scrum related information / feedback on deliverables (e.g. progress, tracking, quality etc.)
- Conduct performance monitoring on applications / components of applications for which you’ve designed and executed test scripts / plans
- Produce quality and testing outcome metrics and reports
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A