Website Horizon Theatre Company
This Job Listing is about Horizon Theatre Company in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
HORIZON THEATRE COMPANY is seeking a Bookkeeper for a part-time hybrid position working remote and at the theatre located in Little 5 Points. In coordination with the Co-Artistic Director and senior leadership, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties. These include, but are not limited to, financial record keeping and transactions such as accounts payable, receivable, and the general ledger. Candidates will have experience with Quickbooks, preferred experience working in performing arts or nonprofit settings, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, and acute attention to detail. Experience in performing arts or theatre preferred.
Part-time = 20-25 hours/week
Horizon is committed to anti-racism in its programming, operations, and practices and to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Members of underrepresented groups, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, are encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Bookkeeper Position” in the email subject line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters expenses, charge and cash receipts, and other income in Quickbooks and ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
- Prepares, records, and distributes payroll checks and checks to contractors and vendors.
- Manages payroll tax filings and keeps detailed records.
- Deposits all checks and cash.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly.
- Manages accurate records including contracts, invoices, receipts, and deposit slips.
- Proactively maintains a highly organized filing system; files invoices, reimbursements, insurance information, and other financial records.
- Checks for correct categorization of all donations to match Quickbooks and Tessitura (theatre CRM system) – done monthly in coordination with the Development department.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed, i.e. automatic payroll development and execution for the theatre.
- Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director and others.
- Performing Arts or Theatre background/experience preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and/or previous bookkeeping experience
- Additional proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets.
- Performing Arts or nonprofit experience a plus.
- Two to five years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Understanding of and commitment to Horizon’s mission.
Company: Horizon Theatre Company
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A