This Job Listing is about Metropolitan in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa 2022
About the job
Attract, engage and retain profitable new business from brokers within the target market to increase the broker base to enhance channel profitability
- Grade 12/NQF 4 equivalent qualification
- FSB recognized qualification listed or credits pertaining to the date of first appointment in the industry, listed on the most recently published Board notice as published for recognized qualification, to fulfil the duties of a compliant supervisor (minimum 120 Credits)
- FAIS Representative Regulatory Exam Level 5 passed
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- 3 years’ experience as a Broker Consultant
- Product knowledge and competitor intelligence
- Proficient in English with the ability to speak multiple languages with some African languages (preferred)
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Develop and implement marketing plans that will outperform competitor strategies
- Continuously analyze competitor strategies and ensure knowledge is current on competitor activity, new products and services
- Promote and market the Metropolitan brand and its solutions to brokers to influence the sale of in-house products
- Partner with and identify the needs of brokers and provide the necessary support
- Negotiate with intermediaries regarding the level of business and servicing requirements
- Promote Metropolitan solutions through marketing presentations and training
- Establish and maintain business relationships in order to grow market share with existing brokers
- Ensure the business’s processes and policies are adhered to in the management of relationships at all times, and to represent the company in a professional, business-like manner.
- Efficiently apply technology and update investment knowledge in the business
- Prepare quotations, receive and check new business applications
- Arrange premium payment facilities and open new facilities as required
- Initiate and manage marketing drives to secure profitable, quality new business from brokers
- Maintain productive levels with acceptable quality of business and manage the risk of such business
- Manage administration related to missed payments, broker contract applications, after sales service, etc.
- Deliver training to brokers to ensure their understanding of Metropolitan products and services where necessary
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery
- Drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate advice and after sales service.
- Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes
- Provide regular reports on delivery of services against agreed service standards and in terms of overall client targets.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the process of developing client service standards in order to ensure clients receive clear and accurate information and are kept informed at all times
- Manage the delivery on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Build strong relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialization.
- Positively influence and manage change and offer specialist support where required.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas and involvement of colleagues and staff.
- Participate and contribute to a culture of work centric thinking, productivity, service delivery and quality management.
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Research and monitor financial market trends to ensure that plans are relevant, effective and to identify any necessary updates
- Prepare, interpret and present client financial performance and other relevant information so enhance client understanding and facilitate decision-making
- Conduct client financial needs analysis in order to develop and implement a customized financial plan to achieve clients’ financial goals
- Business Acumen
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
The above-mentioned position is currently available in the Retail Distribution department at our Broker Channel division based at our offices in the KZN region.
For further information please contact Ingrid Sibeko who is the Recruitment Consultant dealing with this position at Ingrid.Sibeko@momentum.co.za .
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A