This Job Listing is about Sanlam in Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Sanlam Corporate forms part of Sanlam Life and Savings Cluster which offers retail and corporate life insurance, health and investment products in South Africa. Our vision is to be the preferred partner to Corporate and Public Sector by providing an awesome client experience and comprehensive solutions that enable the financial resilience and prosperity of those entities and their employees. We tap into over 100years of expertise to provide cost-effective Employee Benefits and Healthcare Solutions that enable financial confidence for our members. We enable our clients to make better retirement and risk decisions today through determined and passionate thought leadership and best-in-class people, innovative products and proven processes all designed to help people live a better life tomorrow.
We believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives every individual the opportunity to achieve success by embracing diversity and growing our talent. We do this through living our values of having the courage to be bold, care, collaboration and an intolerance for mediocrity. We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future –your career, your personal development and of achieving awesome things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth and live with confidence.
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
What will you do?
Takes the lead on key strategic projects to understand business requirements, map/document ‘AS-IS” processes and then define “To-Be” processes. Leads business engagements and works closely with all stakeholders across IT and business to ensure that the business needs are defined and that the most appropriate solution is selected and implemented. Works in a agile environment to determine and deliver epics, features and user stories. Maintains the agile backlogs accordingly. Defines business cases as required. Defines and executes test cases and facilitates business acceptance testing.
- Maintains the agile backlogs accordingly
- Defines business cases as required
- Defines and executes test cases and facilitates business acceptance testing
- Active member in delivery/agile sprint – Epic/Feature/user story articulation and delivery
- Coaches junior business analysts
Qualification And Experience
Relevant Development Certifications:
- Agile and or BA Certifications
- Relevant tertiary education in IT
- 10+ years hands-on lead business analysis experience across the insurance industry (Preferably within Employee Benefits)
- 5+ years working in an agile environment
- Cultivates Innovation by creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Client Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared
- Resilience – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Strategic mindset – Contributing strategically
- Business insight – Contributing strategically
- Balances stakeholders – Contributing strategically
- Manages complexity – Contributing strategically
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A