Website Schneider Electric
This Job Listing is about Schneider Electric in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
The Business Development Manager – (BDM) is a leadership role managing relationship with EPCs and driving large-complex sales opportunities. BDM understands customer’s business, identifies how Schneider Electric can bring business value with our offer and builds the commercial strategy.
Assigned to a limited numbers of large projects (local & ship-out), BDM develops our business deeper and wider in the customer’s organization. BDM is acting for a project on behalf of an Account Manager (Strategic Account Executive, KAM or Targeted Account Manager) but does not replace this role with regards to the customer relationship.
BDM drives the sales cycle (from S0 to P0) and aligns internal/external partners and key resources.
He is accountable for the negotiation and closing of the deal, for commercial costs spending and ensures successful project execution, following the handover to the execution team. He is a credible sparring partner for our customers, and has the hands-on attitude to make deals come through. This role requires a deep understanding of the global impact of electrical & automation on a firm’s business, a strong appreciation and understanding of key technologies involved, and extensive knowledge of the market’s value chain: third party technology manufacturers, EPCs, SIs, OEMs and End Users. Most importantly the BDM must be able to translate his knowledge into a business language and fluently articulate it within a client environment. The BDM will be the key interface with the various MMM Geography Leaders & Teams in the Regions.
BDM Core Responsibilities Are
- Engage and Develop Relationship with Target EPCs (and POEMs) in the South Africa – “Trusted Advisor”.
- Define the commercial strategy for a project and execute it
- Build up and manage the capture/opportunity team
- With the Opportunity/Pursuit team, define the execution set-up to submit a winning offer (quality / price / delivery time/commercial costs spending)
- Take all necessary actions to win the project (with the End-user, the EPCs, the eco-system, the partners, the suppliers, …)
- Negotiate and close the deals
- Hand-over the project to the Execution team
- Consults customers and shape opportunities to optimize the value we offer
- Identify, qualify and prioritize business opportunities
- Map key decision makers at customers or prescribers
- Follow Customer Project Process (CPP) and drive/prepare associated meetings: kick off meeting, project Steering Committee, Regional SOC and Global SOC (as applicable)
- Set up and drive the offer project team and master the different aspects of the offer: risk analysis, cash curve, technical proposal, purchasing scheme, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Assist in the production of final bid and contract materials
- Global/International Business experience
- Ability to understand and apply industry/market knowledge (macro drivers, significant trends, strategic direction) in client communication and dialog
- Detailed business financial knowledge and experience within a technical or sales environment
- Account management experience with proven ability to establish and maintain C level relationships
- Strong Contract negotiations and closing skills
- Past (Multi-level selling) experience of closing complex deals and elaborating/managing associated proposals
- Ability to navigate a complex (matrix) organization and built strong network
- Interpersonal, communication (Fluent in English) and influencing skills
- Solution Sales Master (or equivalent) certification
- 7 to 10 years Experience ( minimum)
Education Electrical Bachelor’s Engineering Degree + MBA (preferred)
Travel : 10 ~ 15%
Company: Schneider Electric
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A