Website Exxaro Resources
This Job Listing is about Exxaro Resources in Lephalale, Limpopo, South Africa 2022
About the job
• To operationalise the People Strategy, Policy and Processes in area of responsibility.
• To ensure a sustainable organisational capability.
• Execute Business Unit medium and short-term people plans.
• To assist in the building of the Business Unit workforce plan.
• The organisational capability to attract and retain talent and skills in order to meet the business objectives.
• Working in a matrix structure.
• Manage relationships with line management, employees and Unions, to ensure they take accountability for their people processes.
• Accuracy of master data to enable decisions with line management.
• B-Degree HR Management (Relevant) (Essential/Minimum)
• Certificate First Line Management (Essential/Minimum)
• Certificate Labour Relations Dev Prog (Recommended/Desirable)
3-5 Relevant Human Resources operational or related experience years (Essential/Minimum) Operational
• Psychometric Assessment (Essential/Minimum)
• Certificate of Fitness (Essential/Minimum)
The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
Compliance, Governance and Assurance
• Ensure compliance to Human Resources (HR) Strategies, Plans, Policies and Practices adhere and comply with corporate and Business Unit (BU) HR governance, statutory, legal and other requirements for area of responsibility
• Ensure achievement of, but not limited to Employment Equity (EE) Plans, Social Labour Plan, Workplace Skills Plan, Annual Training Report (ATR) for area of responsibility
• Apply ethical principles in the practicing and execution of HR functions
• Identify and address discrepancies and report such to the accountable manager
Customer, Stakeholder and Client Relationship Management
• Communicate and market HR service offering
• Establish and maintain business partner relationships with internal clients to facilitate optimal functioning for area of responsibility
• Manage internal relations to ensure that business needs are met
• Provide relevant and specialised support to applicable stakeholders
• Act as trusted advisor to line management
• Continuously improve HR Service Delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
• Conduct regular review sessions with line manager and HR Manager to assess performance against agreed target/Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Maintain in depth knowledge of production working area/s to enable effective and efficient solutions to line management
• Co-responsible for effective Employee Relations (ER) climate in area of responsibility/BU
• Coach and educate internal stakeholders on ER related legislation and policy application in area of responsibility/BU
• Ensure compliance to transformation plans, legislation, ER policies and procedures in area of responsibility/BU
• Act as advisor to employees and line management on disciplinary and grievance processes and other legislative requirements
• Provide manpower information based on operational and resource requirements for budgeting purposes
• Partner with Line to manage costs and reduce total workforce cost in real terms, including overtime and contractor management
• Identify cost inefficiencies pertaining to people cost of the business and formulate action plans to address these
• Identify cost inefficiencies within HR and formulate actions plans to address these
Internal Business Processes
• Provide implementation support of the people strategy and culture transformation to the Senior Business Partner
• Partner with Line and senior HR resources to establish and execute a High-Performance Culture and Talent Management processes
• Optimise existing systems and processes to enhance delivery on organisation requirements
• Partner with Line in managing Remuneration within Policy and Process guidelines, to attract, retain and motivate employees
• Identify business related people challenges in collaboration with line management and the brokering of appropriate solutions
• Ensure that HR assurance findings are actioned and implemented as per HR assurance reports
• Partner with Line manager in building the business unit workforce plans
• Assist in the design and verification of BU organisational structures
• Validate master data integrity for BU
• Ensure implementation of Human Resources Development (HRD) plans
• Oversee compilation of job profiles and compile complex profiles
• Enable line management to deal with people issues (absenteeism, sick leave, consequence management etc.)
• Participate and/or Manage HR related projects and interventions
Process Management and Optimisation
• Interpret, communicate and implement HR policy and strategy for area of responsibility
• Provide advice on people matters in relation to HR value chain
• Oversee recruitment process and verify if critical compliance issues are adhered to
• Liaise with line management on People Performance Process (PPP)/Individual Development Plan (IDP)/Business Plan and GAP analysis to ensure optimal future workforce composition
• Oversee, participate and monitor implementation and impact of change management initiatives
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
• Maintain and ensure a healthy environment, safe operations practices, ensuring compliance with all applicable Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) policies and procedures in line with set standards
• Encourage a culture that focuses on safety in all operations
Demonstrates the following:
• Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem
• Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety conscious and ethical
• Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions
• Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
• Results oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective
The appointment will be made in accordance with Exxaro’s Employment Equity policy.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Company: Exxaro Resources
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Lephalale, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A