This work as a career listing is about Uniting in Liverpool,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
- Aged Care – Residential
- Part time permanent
Our Workplace and Education care coaches are core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care.
This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred care approach. Our Workplace and education care coaches work alongside of care staff to ensure care is delivered at a high standard by skilled staff. Once settled, they actively seek out Education opportunities to engage and build capacity amongst the whole care team.
About The Role
- Communicate well with clients with varied needs and backgrounds and act as key touch point during the initial settling in period
- Assists residents by working with staff to provide direct care.
- Assist Homemakers to build the team and create the culture of the home
- Coordinate and Facilitate quality, timely and effective Education to build capacity in all members of the team
- Promote the rights and privacy of our clients, in accordance with relevant policy and legislation
- Work for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards
About Your Responsibilities
- Education and Coaching
- Operational Processes
- Client Management
- People Leadership
- Organisational Responsibilities
- Professional Responsibilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate 4 In aged care with demonstrated care experience – working towards Cert 4 In workplace training and assessing Not essential
- New Grad RN or Qualified ENN with an aged care background
- Flu and 3 Covid Vaccinations are also required.
What You Will Also Need
- Good understanding of the Aged care standards
- Good understanding of key aged care policies
- Great communication with staff and demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Able to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience in coordinating and delivering education
- Good understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Tech savvy with the capacity to document and communicate electronically, including via email and mobile phone
- Experience using client/care management systems
- Great organisation and time management skills.
What Would Be Great
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Previous experience in coaching and Quality systems management
- Current First Aid certificate
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We believe choice is everything. Uniting is the largest provider of aged care in NSW and the ACT with more than 15,000 people in our services. We offer aged care homes, independent living, care in the home and in the community, healthy living for seniors and respite care.
For more information please contact Suzie Kelly on 0466 526 227
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Liverpool,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A