Website Philip Morris International
This Job Listing is about Philip Morris International in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally redefining our business and building our future on one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly new directions.
The Indirect Retail Engagement Supervisor/Channel Supervisor is responsible for implementing short- and long-term trade engagement and development plans to assist the Deployment Team in achieving the Company’s business targets for IQOS Acquisition converted users and awareness numbers.
This will be accomplished by developing initiatives such as education programs, trade relations activities, staging and experience elements, and encouraging retailers’ participation (both tobacco shops and other potential indirect channels) in PM vision and market initiatives.
Your day to day will include
TRADE COMMUNICATION (B2B)
Coordinate with the Consumer Journey team, Owned Retail team and Deployment team to communicate the company vision and strategy timely and effectively to all retailers and their staff (tobacconists and others).
TRADE PROGRAMS AND INCENTIVES (B2B)
Build concepts for trade programs (both short and long term) that resolve trade and company needs and contribute to achieving company goals (Acquisition, Awareness & Retention). These programs will be tailored to the channel to ensure increased user growth. The programs should include all external and internal team members. This includes store owners, store employees, and PM employees.)
TRADE ENGAGEMENT (B2B2C)
Team up with Regional Sales Managers and the deployment team to create a Retailer engagement strategy that goes beyond a simple incentive scheme and turns them into ambassadors of the company vision to their customers. Establish procedures for incorporating a reward program (e.g., IQOS Friends) to improve store support to increase the user base. Include an employee engagement program to ensure that all employees use the appropriate systems to maximise sales. Working closely with the Customer Care Team, ensure that the teams have the necessary processes in place to provide legal age users (LAU) with the necessary support after purchase.
Together with the IT department, ensure all the tools related to IQOS devise registration at the point of sales provide a seamless experience to the consumer and reduce the retailer workload. In addition, ensure constant pursuit of the best tools available to ensure accurate data collection.
TRADE PARTNER DEVELOPMENT
Implement a comprehensive training programme for trade partner staff that provides a high-quality experience with product information and selling techniques. Assist regional deployment teams with onboarding new stores and employees continuously. Create an accreditation process to distinguish key service points so that customers can have confidence in engaging with us.
Work together with the Consumer journey team on all relevant content for retailers that will help them to communicate correctly and proactively to final Consumers and increase their knowledge of the Company’s products. This will be aligned to direct trade programs and any Staging opportunities.
Collaborate with the Commercial Organization Development team on all relevant content for the field sales force that will assist them in communicating correctly and proactively engaging retailers to provide the best customer experience.
Assist the Channel Manager with Department Budget This will include participation in key Indirect Retail Channel projects to ensure alignment with Affiliate strategy. Budget utilisation covers key elements such as Premium Staging, Premium Experience, Trade Program Reward Payments, and Store Staff Education. Maintain accurate tracking of actual spending versus budget.
What we are looking for
- Degree or qualification that is equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in the FMCG/Retail industry is required.
- Demonstrated ability to create Trade Programs
- Prior experience developing Sales Tracking reports and insights to aid in Channel GAP Analysis
- Proven track record of working closely with salespeople in a retail setting
- Proven success in engaging with internal and external partners while utilising multiple data systems to ensure optimal opportunities for growth in the indirect retail channel
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional/departmental project teams to achieve overall business goals (Consumer insights; Digital Platforms; Brand Marketing; Trade Deployment)
Other Required Proficiencies
- Self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Project Administration
- Driven by Action
- Excellent communication abilities
- Problem solver with originality
- Customer Service
- Priority Setting and Planning
- Learning on the Spot
- Be Results-Oriented
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office
What we offer
Our success depends on our talented employees who come to work here every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to try new things, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provide endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society to deliver a smoke-free future.
To join our growing team….
Company: Philip Morris International
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A