Website New Seasons Market
This Job Listing is about New Seasons Market in Raleigh Hills, OR 2022
About the job
Now Hiring a Cheese Aficionado at Raleigh Hills! Ideal candidates would be passionate about all things cheese & have great customer service skills This is a 24 hr a week regular position, schedule likely to include open-mids-closings & weekend shifts.
In accordance with New Seasons Market COVID-19 policy, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as condition of employment in Oregon & Washington; medical, disability-related and religious exemptions may apply.
Job Title: Cheese Clerk
Job Region: Oregon / SW Washington
Reports-To: Cheese Manager
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365 days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and weekend shifts per the needs of the business. Valid Food Handler’s card.
About us: New Seasons Market began in 2000 when three families got together to open a neighborhood market, a place where local communities can come together to connect with where their food comes from. A friendly, inviting place that honors its region’s farmers, ranchers, growers and makers—helping them prosper for generations to come. Over the years, our community has grown, but our goal is still the same: to build community through good food.
About the role: Prepares, stocks, rotates and presents Cheese department products. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner demonstrating company Speak Up culture. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs store/department management of any problems.
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
- Prepares Cheese department for store opening and closing.
- Assists customers with product selection. Shares product knowledge with customers. Makes recommendations and suggestions based on customer needs.
- Cuts, wraps, weighs, tares, prices, presents and processes cheese products.
- Stocks, rotates and faces products with attention to product quality and expiration dates.
- Builds displays and arranges department products to make attractive presentations, highlighting featured/unique/seasonal items.
- Completes customer special orders thoroughly and provides follow-through as needed.
- Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
- Receives and unloads merchandise; checks quality, count and condition. Communicates any issues to management and merchandising team.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas, products and supplies.
- Maintains accurate pricing and signage that meet merchandising standards.
- Understands and complies with specific shift guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
- May participate in inventories and ordering.
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and events.
- Demonstrates familiarity of terminology, supplier information and recommended uses for department products, with willingness to continue learning.
- Notifies department manager or Manager On Duty of any situations relating to customer service, safety, productivity, security or any other situation that may have an adverse effect on the store.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller, grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment.
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally, dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or ladders.
- Continuously required to: lift and carry 1-10 pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; reach below shoulder; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: twist
- Occasionally required to: lift 11-50 pounds; push and/or pull 1-20 pounds; bend/stoop; reach above shoulder
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within our company. New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markers reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as necessary.
What you Bring as a Candidate:
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of retail Cheese, Speciality or other culinary departments preferred.
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Company: New Seasons Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Raleigh Hills, OR
Application Deadline: N/A