Website RTI International
This work as a career listing is about RTI International in Bamako, Bamako, Mali 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
SG&R’s Global Food Security and Agriculture portfolio is working to strengthen agricultural markets, engage youth and women as critical leaders of the on- and off-farm workforce, and tackle the dual burden of malnutrition around the globe. RTI’s work is helping foster stronger food systems, reduce malnutrition in all its forms, build resilience and engage the next generation of food security leaders.
The USAID-funded, RTI-implemented Feed the Future (FTF) Mali Sènè Yiriwa – South activity works to empower cooperatives in Mali’s Southern Zone. Through this activity, food producers will gain improved tools, technologies, and farming practices. This work will increase smallholder productivity, boost incomes, strengthen resilience, and enhance nutrition in the zone.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for Feed the Future (FTF) Mali Sènè Yiriwa. The COP will be responsible for leading the overall project implementation, technical strategy, management, and execution of the project ensuring all project deliverables are met or exceeded within budget and in compliance with RTI and USAID rules and regulations. This position will provide project planning, oversight, leadership, and coordination. The COP will build and maintain strong and favorable relationships with USAID, partners, subcontractors and grantees, Government of Mali counterparts, and the broader stakeholders in the food and agriculture system. This position will be based in Bamako, Mali and will report to the RTI Home Office.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management of staff for successful implementation of the project within budget and compliance parameters.
- Ensure synergy across technical components of the project; ensure good team planning and coordination, deployment of resources and intra-team communication in support of project objectives.
- Oversee preparation and delivering high quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, annual work plans, technical and financial reports.
- Ensure all contractual deliverables and reporting requirements are met and in compliance with contractual requirements and U.S. federal regulations.
- Build strong relationships and lead communication and collaboration with USAID and high-level stakeholders, such as Government of Mali ministries and regulators, other implementers, partners, and local counterparts.
- Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all governance project targets are met or exceeded – making recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Directly supervises DCOP; Technical Director; Finance and Operations Manager; Security Manager; and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager and holds primary responsibility for project performance and budget management across the project.
- Ensures all staff receive adequate security and operational support and standard operating procedures are implemented.
- Maintains a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines.
- Facilitate a culture of learning and using data for planning and adapting program strategy and activities.
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance in the design, delivery and evaluation of technical assistance, capacity building and assessment work.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all technical, financial, and contractual deliverables, including those related to work and implementation planning, performance monitoring, technical and expense reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 18 years of experience, or Master’s degree in management, public administration, social science, international development or related field and 14 years of experience, or PhD and 10 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience implementing projects of similar complexity, scope, and budget.
- At least 5 years’ experience in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up/ closeout; overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously; hiring, training, and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting, tracking, reporting, and accounting of finances and procurement.
- Expertise in agriculture, microenterprise development, and rural development.
- Understanding of African agribusiness firms and financial institutions in effectiveness in strategic thinking, policy analysis; demonstrated ability to dialogue with host country government.
- Experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, small non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other relevant stakeholders. Demonstrated experience managing diverse, high-performing teams on USAID programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- English and French oral and written fluency required.
- Ability to travel and work throughout the country and in difficult terrain/conditions at times.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here .
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org .
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here .
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here .
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
Company: RTI International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Application Deadline: N/A