Website Scientific Research Corporation
This work as a career listing is about Scientific Research Corporation in Juba, Central Equatoria, Sydsudan 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Construction of a New Embassy Compound at a 19 acre project site in Juba, South Sudan. Expertise in application of U.S. building codes, with on-site construction experience at large and complex phased multi-million dollar vertical construction facility projects in overseas environments.
The position functions as the Civil Engineer, providing OBO/Juba a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of Juba NEC Project.
The engineer is responsible for performing technical inspections of civil and structural work, monitoring the contractor’s quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO/Juba in ensuring the completion of the Juba Project in accordance with applicable US codes and standard building practices.
- Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents
- Reads design/construction drawings and understands design narratives and calculations
- Reviews engineering shop drawings and determines if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters
- Observes onsite construction and determines if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
- Performs quality assurance tasks, ensures contractor’s work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensures materials meet contract, reviews contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolves conflicts
- Monitors the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program
- Monitors construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submits weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections
- Performs technical inspections of the civil engineering elements of the project
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
- Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the engineer’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluates contractor’s proposed remedy. Formulates solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
- Works on the NEC site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
- Reviews design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as performs quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise
- Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of project
- Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project
- Reviews contractor submittals
- Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director
- Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders
- Prepares Monthly Progress Reports and attends meetings summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
- A civil engineering degree (Bachelor’s or above) from an accredited university and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience required on construction projects of similar scope and dollar value to the project supported by this Task Order (such as field activities on buildings)
- Design office experience shall not count toward an employee’s experience. A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree. Overseas experience is preferred. Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
- Knowledge of International Codes required
- Experience in assessing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI)
- Experience in reviewing and evaluating design calculations and data from an engineering perspective
- Knowledge of Construction Safety regulations, i.e. EM 385-1-1, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE TOP SECRET LEVEL
WORK LOCATION: JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 48 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE DoS PROGRAM
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SRC does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations for its employees. Pending the outcome of various court proceedings and resultant government action, SRC and all other Federal Contractor employees may be required, at some point in the future, to be fully vaccinated subject to accommodations for valid medical or religious reasons. Please visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ to read more about the Federal Government’s current position on COVID-19 vaccines for Federal Contractor employees.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Company: Scientific Research Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, Sydsudan
Application Deadline: N/A