This Job Listing is about GS in Malmesbury, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Malmesbury, SN16 0DF
9 month fixed term role (Maternity Cover)
38.25 hours per week – Monday to Fridays, Term Time Only
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We are actively seeking to recruit a Cleaning Supervisor to join our contract with North Wiltshire Schools, based at Malmesbury SN16 0DF.
This is a 9 months Fixed Term role working 38.25 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 5.15 to 8.00am & 1.30 to 6.30pm, Fridays 15.15 to 8.00am & 1.30 to 6.00pm
As a Cleaning Supervisor you will be responsible for directing and leading the Cleaning team in order to ensure that services to the client exceed expectations.
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Support and manage the team taking responsibility for cleaning areas and staff training and development and maintenance of expectations related to all people management aspects including absence and time keeping, retention, productivity, quality of work,training & training matrix, filing, data input, shift rosters, uniform and appearance standards.
- Take control of any informal conversations or counselling meetings related as required.
- Ensure good staff morale through counselling/coaching and be observant of staff needs.
- Produce and record information e.g. SLA monitoring information, equipment and stock levels to contribute to the performance monitoring process, routine area checks and audits
- Monitor and manage stock levels including monthly stock checks of cleaning consumables and to organise for the administration team to order supplies directly as appropriate to meet operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship so that the Clients needs are understood and the Company reputation is enhanced.
- Support the cleaning team in continually reviewing operational procedures to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the cleaning service solution to meet SLA, G4S FM and Client requirements.
- Reschedule work and rota’s to meet fluctuations in staffing levels/customer requests including covering of absence and control the selection and induction process related to Cleaning staff.
- Ensure that staff are checking and cleaning equipment at the end of each shift and reporting any faults . Report any structural and fabric defects to the relevant person.(Near Miss & Hazard Reporting)
- Ensure all cleaning staff adhere to the colour coding system and dispose of waste in the appropriate manner.
- Comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and emergency procedures as required. Ensure appropriate action is taken following any accident to cleaning staff and that an incident/accident form is completed.
- Keep up-to-date with equipment, materials and methods of working by attending training courses, where appropriate.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by the Contract Operations Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Cleaning &people management experience
- Previous customer focused environment
- Organised and methodical
- Enthusiastic approach
- Work on own initiative
- Adaptable to fluctuating workloads
- Good verbal and written skills
- Computer literate
- COSHH Awareness
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Malmesbury, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A