Website One&Only Resorts
This Job Listing is about OneOnly Resorts in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
( 3246 )
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town’s waterfront, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, art and entertainment; on the doorstep of Table Mountain; and within easy reach of spectacular beaches, national parks, and winelands; One&Only Cape Town is the ultimate curator of discovery, from active adventures, to mindful moments and exclusive, tailored experiences. The warm South African charm is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion
The Commis Chef will be assigned to tasks in accordance with the standard operating procedures as implemented by the Executive Chef.
The Commis Chef must ensure proper hygiene and sanitation in the kitchen under his jurisdiction, display efficient interdepartment coordination, be involved in trainings, display creativity in food displays and ensure that the standard procedures are followed and performed to the highest level of service. You will be required to communicate with guests and share feedback with Management so as to ensure high levels of food service and quality is met and to maintain guest satisfaction at all times.
Minimun Skills, Qualification And Experience
- Matric or equivalent
- Culinary school diploma and / or 3 years Work experience within a 5 star Hotel/Resort
- Knowledge of Food Safety Systems (HACCP)
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A la Carte experience essential
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- To ensure that the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
- To ensure that the kitchen and working areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
- To presents oneself in a way that enhances the overall guest experience, by adding life and energy into each outlet.
- To ensures that all mise-en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing of service.
- To demonstrate excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
- To establish and maintain smooth personal and work relationships in the kitchen
- To ensure labeling of dates are labeled on products according to requirements.
- To ensure that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- To maintain and create a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
- To attend all training carried out by the Training Department.
- To handle any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per resort’s Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
- To perform any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
- To maintain the highest level of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- To practice proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
- To ensure that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed, in a timely fashion.
- To ensure that all channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- To ensure excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
- To ensure that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately to the immediate supervisor.
- To exhibit an outstanding knowledge of the One & Only Resort
- To know and applies the resort’s Policies & Procedures, including those for the emergency situations.
- To attend monthly communication meeting.
- To attend daily briefing prior to service.
- To ensure all fixed assets and equipment are well maintained.
- To demonstrate knowledge and interest in goals, and objectives of the One & Only brand.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with COVID19 rules protocals and regulations
- To ensure all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the S.A law.
Date Posted: 31 March 2022
Closing Date: 7 April 2022
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.
Company: One&Only Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A