Website Australia Post
This work as a career listing is about Australia Post in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & Securepay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 30,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch.
What does the role involve?
The Communications Manager is part of the team that carries responsibility for protecting and enhancing Australia Post’s reputation and its social licence to operate, which is achieved through delivery of Australia Post’s communications strategy.
This role will have responsibility for creating one true voice throughout internal communications and flow through some external. The Communications Manager will report to and work with the Senior Communications Manager to implement communications that directly supports the work conducted across the enterprise working with Senior Stakeholders across all areas of the business, including Australia Post’s commercial and strategic objectives.
The Communications Manager will work to implement and bring to life AP’s positions and decisions via managing resources and activities within the Communications team. Critical to this role will be working collaboratively across the enterprise and business teams. You will build effective relationships at all levels of the business and develop a deep understanding of business needs and stakeholder audiences.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Help deliver on the Communications strategy and think about strategic initiatives that will improve communication for our team members
- Build trusted relationships with leaders across the entire business, prepare briefs, messaging and presentations as needed
- Work with Business Unit teams to develop a deep understanding of the particular interests, agendas, issues and opportunities to work collaboratively with each of the business units
- Support key enterprise projects and initiatives by developing and advising on communications approaches to enhance team member and stakeholder engagement
- Work with Executive Managers and Executive Assistants to deliver key events (e.g. Town Halls)
- Identify external opportunities for Executive thought leadership program and work with Media relations team
- Manage the effectiveness of AP Communication Channels, leverage new and existing channels to support strategic objectives
- Participate in enterprise-wide project teams on business continuity issues and responses
- Help investigate and distribute internal good news stories
- Provide best practice strategic communication advice to engage and transform our customer communications during Peak and other key enterprise projects
What are we looking for?
- Approximately 7 years experience as a communications professional in a large, complex and highly regulated organisation
- Experience in developing, executing and evaluating communication plans
- Understanding of a wide variety of communication channels and techniques, including digital communications
- Experience in working for organisations in the retail or logistics industry that have a geographically spread workforce is preferred but not essential
- Natural curiosity about issues and developments about current news issues, and in the broader community socio-political environment
- Organised and efficient
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, change communication and project management skills
- Understanding of issues and reputational impact
We believe investing in our people is good for business.
That’s why we have a dedicated career coaching team for our employees. And we know that your life outside of work matters. So we have a culture that promotes a genuine work/life balance.
Together, our differences make us stronger.
We’re all ages, genders and abilities, and we come from all walks of life. We’re you. As one of Australia’s largest employers – with 35,000 employees and an extended workforce of more than 70,000 – we’re laser focused on building a workforce that reflects the vibrant communities we serve. And we know an inclusive workforce is better for business too.
Learn more about how we’re supporting inclusion at Australia Post at https://mypo.st/Diversity
If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Learn more about our commitment to Reconciliation in this short video.
Ready to join the transformation of Australia Post?
Click apply now
Company: Australia Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A