Website Nova Pioneer
This Job Listing is about Nova Pioneer in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Nova Pioneer is looking for a sharp and witty Freelance Copywriter with a passion for storytelling. This role collaborates with the global Marketing team to develop compelling and impactful communications and content across all marketing channels, from digital ads and emails to press releases, landing pages and social media. This role presents a great opportunity to bring expressiveness to our brand and to collaborate with our team of designers, and our external relations team, to build creative ways to bring Nova Pioneer’s story to life. Interested candidates will be required to submit a portfolio showcasing their experience.
About The Role
- Candidates to submit a portfolio of experience
- The successful candidate will be ideally required to start ASAP but no later than 15 February 2022
Responsibilities will include:
- Craft engaging, strategic copy across a wide range of marketing projects, including (but not limited to) press releases, blog copy campaigns, landing pages, paid ads, emails, social media captions and video;
- Utilise a consistent Nova Pioneer tone of voice that extends to all marketing communications but ensuring the copy is suitable for the intended audience and channel;
- Collaborate with other Marketing team functions to shape projects and creative requirements before the work starts;
- Brainstorm ideas for campaigns, individual assets, and any other creative/brand pursuits with other members of the Brand and External Relations tea;
- Collaborate closely with our creative designers to conceptualise your copy within a visual framework
Skills and qualifications required:
- 3+ years of experience copywriting either in-house or at an agency
- A strong portfolio of work that shows proficiency in writing for a variety of project types, mediums, and audiences
- Strong time-management and organisation skills consistently demonstrating the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on complicated projects
- Experience conducting or leveraging past user research to inform copy content and tone
- Strong writing and grammar skills, with obsessive attention to detail
- The ability to deliver polished copy with little guidance and limited feedback
- Equal parts creative writer and strategic thinker: you experiment with your writing style while staying on brief
- A creative mind and desire to push the boundaries
- An allergy to marketing-speak and corporate jargon
How To Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles .
Nova Pioneer, in line with the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measurements will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes. By submitting your application with Nova Pioneer, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Nova Pioneer 2022
Powered by JazzHR
Company: Nova Pioneer
Vacancy Type: Contract · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A