Website World Courier
This Job Listing is about World Courier in Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide and are part of Fortune 10 corporation AmerisourceBergen.
The role of the Customer Service Agent is to be the primary contact for clients when booking shipments and providing general and specific information from tracking shipments to quoting. The role involves ensuring the shipment will run as smoothly as possible through detailed pre-planning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all client enquiries received via phone or email
- Provide all quotations via phone and email
- Receive bookings via phone, email & CRC (Customer Resource Centre) and update in internal systems
- Monitor and track ongoing shipments.
- Keep clients fully updated as to the status of their shipments, especially in regards to any delays.
- Action all updates in internal systems
- Have full knowledge of how to use internal systems
Cold Chain Management Specific Tasks
- Determine which shipping system should be used for any given cold chain shipment.
- Enter clear pick up and special delivery instructions advising both origin and destination office on how the cold chain shipment should be managed.
- Communicate any temperature results to the client as soon as the delivery has taken place after reviewing the results to check any deviations.
Communication Specific Tasks
- Action and/or distribute all emails received on the shared Customer Service mailbox
- Action and/or distribute all relevant updates in internal systems
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with working tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to provide relevant ad-hoc information on request
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
Personal Attributes and Disposition:
- Dependable, Reliable and Trustworthy
- Positive disposition
- Ability to work as team player and independently
- Strong Team player – able to work constructively with colleagues inside & outside the department to ensure the best possible service is provided to the client at all times.
- Remains calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Friendly and Polite
- Experience in the Logistics Industry, preferably in Specialty and/or Healthcare industry.
- Experience in/with Client liaison.
Company: World Courier
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A