Website American Airlines
Our purpose is to care for people on life’s journey.
American Airlines is a major airline based in Dallas, TX. We operate flights to more than 365 destinations in over 50 countries, making us one of the largest airlines in the world. Our fleet of over 1,000 aircraft includes a mix of narrow-body, wide-body, and regional aircraft. Our team of more than 130,000 employees is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience for our passengers. We are committed to innovation and sustainability, and are constantly looking for ways to improve our operations and reduce our environmental impact.
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to passengers traveling with American Airlines. This includes assisting with ticketing and check-in, answering customer inquiries and resolving issues, and ensuring that passengers are seated comfortably and have a smooth and enjoyable travel experience. The Customer Service Agent should have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Assist passengers with ticketing and check-in, including handling ticket changes and providing assistance with online check-in and self-service kiosks
- Answer customer inquiries and resolve issues, including lost baggage, flight delays and cancellations, and seating requests
- Ensure that passengers are seated comfortably and have a smooth and enjoyable travel experience
- Participate in ongoing customer service training and development to stay up-to-date on company policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and varying schedules as needed
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
What You’ll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the work group, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.