This Job Listing is about Vertafore in East Lansing, MI 2022
About the job
Looking to start your career in Technology? We have opportunities right here in mid-Michigan! Vertafore is looking for talented people to join our team. Our dynamic environment provides professional development, fast upward mobility, and exposure to the latest and greatest in technology.
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., including East Lansing, Michigan – we are minutes from Michigan State University, Lansing Community College, and Cooley Law School!
Customer Support Specialists serve as the face of Vertafore and focus on the customer experience by identifying and resolving customer issues with Vertafore products.
• Provides superior support to clients by resolving issues and answering non-technical/technical questions regarding our software products and services
• Documents customer cases using a leading-edge customer relationship management system
• Teams with product development and other functional areas to escalate issues and work through resolution
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior customer service experience helpful
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Customer-centric and motivated to help people
• Excels in a fast-paced, agile team environment
• Problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Driven to accomplish individual and team goals through personal organization and time management
• Tech-savvy and has basic knowledge of MS office
• Aptitude for learning
• Dependable and reliable attendance
No other experience is required. We’ll provide you with an effective onboarding program and when you are ready, we’ll offer ongoing development opportunities to prepare you to become our next generation of critical talent for other positions across our business. We also offer tuition reimbursement!
• Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open sometime in 2022. Employees are normally required to work from our office in East Lansing, Michigan office but due to COVID our employees are currently remote. This means having a stable internet connection is necessary to perform the job.
• Travel is not anticipated.
• Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
• Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
• Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Why Vertafore is the place for you: *US Only
- The opportunity to work in a space where modern technology meets a stable and vital industry
- Medical, vision & dental plans
- PPO & high-deductible options
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts Options:
- Health Care FSA
- Dental & Vision FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter FSA
- Life, AD&D (Basic & Supplemental), and Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plain & Employer Match
- Supplemental Plans – Pet insurance, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance
- Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education & Legal Assistance
- Additional programs – Employee Referral, Internal Recognition, and Wellness
- Commuter Benefits (Denver)
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Vacancy Type: $17.50/hr · Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: East Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: N/A