Technology, Information and Internet
We are seeking a highly skilled and reliable Data Center Facilities Technician to join our team at Google. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the physical infrastructure of our data centers. You will work closely with our Data Center Operations team to ensure that all facilities are maintained to the highest standards and that any issues are promptly addressed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on data center infrastructure, including electrical and mechanical systems
- Troubleshoot and repair data center infrastructure as needed
- Monitor and track the performance of data center systems, identifying and addressing any issues that arise
- Collaborate with the Data Center Operations team to develop and implement maintenance schedules and procedures
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all maintenance and repair work
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed
- 3+ years of experience in data center facilities maintenance or a related field
- Proficiency in electrical and mechanical systems maintenance and repair
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Industry certifications such as data center power and cooling systems (UPS, CRAC, Chillers) and electrical systems (NEC, NFPA) a plus.
In addition to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, the Data Center Facilities Technician at Google will also be expected to:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and adherence to all safety protocols and procedures
- Possess a strong understanding of data center operations and the ability to identify and prioritize critical systems and infrastructure
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be able to lift heavy equipment and materials (up to 50 lbs)
- Have a flexible schedule and be willing to work nights and weekends as needed
As a Data Center Facilities Technician at Google, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled professionals in a state-of-the-art data center environment. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our data centers, and your contributions will have a direct impact on the reliability and performance of our services. If you are a skilled technician with a passion for data center operations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.