This work as a career listing is about IBM in Bengaluru,Karnataka,India 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
DC Shift Manager you are responsible to manage day to day operations & maintenance of large physical infrastructure of Data Centre falling in the scope. Responsible for periodic preventive and corrective maintenance of the DC equipment’s and ensure technical support to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the service outages or disasters.
- DC Services are up and running 24*7*365 days and also handle the technical escalations during shifts and control team and customer.
- Day to day DC operations management
- SLA Management
- Escalation handling
- Ensuring periodic maintenance of systems
- Carry out preventive and predictive maintenance of air conditioning, elevator and power systems such as UPS, DG sets etc.
- Ensure air quality and temperature control in permissible range at the facility
- Ensure proper functioning of Building Maintenance Systems and Physical Security Systems
- Carry out drills for emergency events like fire, earthquake. Ensure proper functioning of fire detection systems, sprinklers, fire extinguisher etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6 years of experience in operation and Maintenance of civil, electrical, HVAC, LAN, Safety and Security system components for a large-scale Data Centre
- 2 years’ experience in Data Centre operation
- B. Tech/ BE/ Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics engineering from premier
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date and proof of vaccination status will be required before your start date. During the Onboarding process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status, in case you are unable to get vaccinated for any reason, you can let us know at that stage. Please let us know if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons. IBM will consider such requests on a case by case basis subject to submission of required proof by the candidate before a stipulated date.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru,Karnataka,India
Application Deadline: N/A