Website Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
This work as a career listing is about Tony Blair Institute for Global Change in Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.
TBI has been working in Zambia since March 2022. Working hand-in-hand with the Office of the President of the Republic of Zambia, the project is led by a Country Director, with a team currently consisting of advisers supporting the government in different ministries. We are hiring a Delivery Associate to support the Office of the President establish a structure to prioritise, plan and steer the implementation of the government’s transformation and digital agenda.
In support of this mission, TBI is looking to recruit a Delivery Associate to work closely with the Country Director and other TBI colleagues, as well as relevant government institutions and development partners, to help accelerate the delivery of program objectives across various workstreams.
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a “can-do” attitude and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Perform analytical work and preparation of documents, including targeting analysis, roadmaps, delivery chain analysis, trajectories, decks for stocktake meetings, reports to President and key stakeholders. Support Delivery Advisor on problem solving and following up on key actions with counterparts
- Undertake research on selected implementation topics and other high-impact analysis on relevant policy and sectoral issues, including benchmarking, networking and information-sharing
- Proactively monitor engagement with TBI central teams, including reporting processes, communicate requests to relevant team members, and follow-up on queries in a consistent and timely manner
- Plan, prioritise and drive tasks from start to finish, including managing internal and external deadlines, content development, and deliverables in coordination with relevant colleagues
- Identify and structure relevant delivery initiatives, agreeing clear deliverables with colleagues and counterparts, including advice on organisational structures, processes, tools, and methodologies to improve delivery capabilities within targeted government institutions
- Provide regular reports and updates on activities, support the completion of high-quality written documents and articulate findings using various presentation tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Support maintenance of delivery dashboards and trackers
- Support the Zambia team’s knowledge management efforts on relevant subject matters
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven interest and experience of delivery in the public or private sectors. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where the importance of personal initiative coupled with teamwork is critical. Above all, they will build effective relationships, win trust, and help shape and influence change in government.
With a good knowledge of project management or delivery systems, the successful candidate will have a grounding in strategy consulting, project management and public policy.
Desired experience and competencies include:
- Experience in the public, private or non-governmental sectors, for example in project management, business management, and consulting
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, with an emphasis on high- performance, results, and accountability
- In addition, we place high value on personal qualities such as resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, self-confidence, and integrity
- Strong willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in the following preferred areas: Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Law, and Communications or equivalent
Please note that due to the upcoming holiday period we will not be able to advise on the success of your application until January 2023.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Application Deadline: N/A