The Produce Department Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the produce department within a Kroger store. This includes managing inventory, pricing, and product selection, as well as overseeing a team of employees and ensuring that the department is well-maintained and running smoothly. The Produce Department Manager should have a strong understanding of the produce industry, as well as excellent leadership and customer service skills.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the produce department, including inventory management, pricing, and product selection
- Supervise and motivate a team of employees, ensuring that they are properly trained and performing their duties to the best of their ability
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and organization within the department
- Ensure that the produce department is well-stocked and visually appealing to customers
- Work closely with store management to develop and implement strategies to increase sales and profitability of the produce department
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Participate in inventory management, including ordering and receiving products, and monitoring shrinkage
- 2+ years of experience in a produce department management role
- Strong understanding of the produce industry and a passion for fresh, high-quality products
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Customer service experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Monitor and track sales data to identify trends and make adjustments to product selection and pricing as necessary
- Collaborate with store management to create and execute promotional plans for the produce department
- Develop and maintain relationships with local farmers and produce vendors to secure the best quality and pricing for products
- Ensure compliance with all food safety regulations and protocols within the department
- Participate in the hiring and training process for new employees within the produce department
- Lead by example and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by store management.
- Proven success in a produce department management role, with a track record of increasing sales and profitability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and varying schedules as needed
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.