Website Creative Associates International
This work as a career listing is about Creative Associates International in Ouagadougou, Centre, Burkina Faso 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party ( D COP) to lead an anticipated donor-funded opportunit y in our Education practice area in Burkina Faso . The DCOP will be based in Bamako and will support the Chief of Party (COP) by contributing to the coordination and implementation of the program. In addition to programmatic duties, s /he will provide senior-level oversight of program support functions including, but not limited to, finance; operations ; grants management; and regulatory compliance.
- Directly support the Chief of Party (COP) in the design, rollout, and daily management and implementation of program activities;
- Collaborate with the COP and Senior Technical Advisor and contribute to the design and implementation of overarching program goals and strategies, and implementation of tools or processes necessary in reaching determined goals and strategies;
- In coordination with the COP, oversee the development and monitoring of the project budget to ensure the activity meets it spending projections and that expenditures are complian t with Creative and USAID policies and regulations as well as the scope of the program’s budget;
- Develop and implement innovative operational strategies for improving program impact;
- Supervise and provide program management support to operational and administrative staff to ensure effective and timely management of all activities and initiatives;
- Mentor, guide and supervise implementation staff; support and develop efforts for staff professional growth;
- Liaise with governments officials, maintaining professional relationships and forming new ones that support program implementation and a contextual understanding of the operational environment;
- Ensure the timeliness, cost , and quality implementation of activities performed;
- Contribute to the development of th e annual work plans, work plan budget and other program management tools that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables , and potential challenge s, etc.;
- Oversee staff capacity building across the program and provide evaluation and workforce management to ensure their continued growth; and
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party as required .
- An advanced degree in program management, finance, education , international development, or a related field;
- At least 8 years of experience of progressively increasing responsibilities in complex management roles on USAID projects ;
- Experience working in West Africa is required; experience working in Burkina Faso preferred;
- Significant demonstratable experience in establishing systems and overseeing project start-up and close-out;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Proven ability to effectively work and mentor staff in multicultural and multilingual societies;
- French prof iciency required and English fluency preferred .
Company: Creative Associates International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ouagadougou, Centre, Burkina Faso
Application Deadline: N/A