Website Ogilvy South Africa
This Job Listing is about Ogilvy South Africa in Johannesburg Metropolitan Area 2022
About the job
Go Advertising is looking for a desktop publishing operator or designer responsible for translating briefs to art files ready to go to print or be placed online. skilled in multiple computer design applications, in the Adobe CS suit of products. With the ability to come up with creative solutions to monthly campaigns and other printing paraphernalia. You should be able to create retail catalogues using page layout software (InDesign).Generate ads, POS elements, general printing paraphernalia and artwork for social media.
Must have knowledge of traditional printing processors, selecting and formatting of type, column width and spacing, checking colours and editing photographs and other images.
Edit text by correcting its spelling, punctuation, and grammar and work with others including writers, editors, and graphic designers to come up with monthly retail campaigns.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Knowledge of printing techniques and the preparation process for printing
- Fluentness in using Adobe In-design, Illustrator, Photoshop,
- Ability to use net transfer tool e.g. FTP
- Organized in handling daily tasks, accurately, self-management
- Experience in work at the printing/publishing house or other advertising agencies is highly desirable.
- Due to the nature of the business, be able to work overtime
- Methodical working style.
- Concentration, accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Tact and diplomacy for negotiating changes.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
You’ll also be required to advance the following:
- Edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations.
- Import text and graphics into publishing software.
- Integrate images and text to create cohesive pages.
- Adjust text properties, such as size, column width, and spacing.
- Revise layouts and make corrections as necessary.
- Submit or upload final files for printing or online publishing.
- Work part of a team on monthly catalogues.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Innovation – creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety.
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Analytical Thinking – analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Independence – developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Self-Control – maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance – dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Persistence – persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Social Orientation – preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Company: Ogilvy South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A