This Job Listing is about Momentum in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
Voted Top Employer South Africa 2021
An employer that sees its people as human-beings and creates a place where they aspire to work, want to grow and contribute meaningfully to their story of success.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za.
This is a client facing sales role where engagement with clients will be face to face.
The successful applicant will be required to source own leads for car, home and contents new business and advise primarily on personal lines motor and household domestic insurance.
We are looking for Business Development Consultants who are committed, driven, results oriented advisers who are able to work on their own as well as in a team environment writing business in accordance with targets laid down by Momentum Insure (MI).
- Matric/Grade 12
- FAIS Credits (min 30 credits in short term insurance if date of first appointment is before 2010); or if date of first appointment is on or after 01/01/2010, a full recognised qualification as per the FSCA qualification list.
- FAIS Regulatory examination for Representatives (RE5)
- CPD (continuous professional development) points
- Minimum of 3 years personal lines insurance sales experience in the short-term insurance space
- At least 2 years’ experience sourcing own leads
- Must have a proven track record in client facing new business acquisition
- Experience dealing with Brokers (Broker sales) will be advantageous
- Must have – Own vehicle and licence
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Source and develop new business opportunities (new business acquisition)
- Cold calling, networking and lead generation
- Administration of client information on the CRM system
- Building brand awareness through client interaction
- Achieving sales targets
- Strong sales abilities & must be customer service orientated
- Very strong communicator
- Must be prepared and willing to travel to client sites for meetings
Remuneration on offer is a basic salary, plus uncapped commission.
Benefits include medial aid, pension fund, cell phone allowance + laptop, Softphone on laptop and 3G card
There is also the potential to earn annuity income on successful retention of business sold over time. Successful candidates will also be eligible for annual incentives that can range up x4 times the value of their basic salary.
- Please note that this role is based in our EAST LONDON office.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A