Website Vistar, A PFG Company
This Job Listing is about Vistar A PFG Company in Shepherdsville, KY 2022
About the job
Learns to and gains experience to drive a tractor trailer and/or straight truck on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Routes may be local, over the road (OTR), shuttles and/or overnight. Functions as
a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Attends and successfully completes PFG Driver Trainee Dock to Driver Training Program as required. Perform “pre-trip safety check”
inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they
meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate
and in legible fashion all the required paper work associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer
Rides-with, assists with deliveries as required. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery
Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items
and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets,
insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed.
Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift
secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A or B
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
- Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
Company: Vistar, A PFG Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Internship
Job Location: Shepherdsville, KY
Application Deadline: N/A