This Job Listing is about Staffmark in Florence, KY 2022
About the job
Job Title Embroidery Technician
The Embroidery Technician is responsible for reading, interpreting and decorating all embroidery items as requested on specific work orders while maintaining a high level of quality control. The Embroidery Technician position is critical to the continued growth and success of the organization.
Duties/Responsibilities (List In Order Of Importance)
- 1. Operate automatic embroidery machines with single and/or multiple sewing heads.
- 2. Ability to thread needles of automatic embroidery machines
- 3. Reads and interprets shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, production materials and sequence of operation
- 4. Make predictive analysis for optimal machine operation based on material and decorating specifications.
- 5. Complete preparatory steps required to begin decorating process, which includes selection and placement of backing, selection of appropriate hoop type and size, loading digitized designs into machine by scanning art or sending to machine via computer, inserting/changing bobbins, manual thread loading through machine guides and components, garment marking for center-point placement and needle changes when appropriate.
- 6. Run design trace to ensure proper spacing available and to determine hoop size requirements.
- 7. Place and clamp items into specific embroidery hoops based on specific item requirements
- 8. Load and unload hooped garments on automatic embroidery machine heads
- 9. Monitor machine operation to detect issues such as defective stitching, breaks in thread or machine malfunction.
- 10. Assists with the installation, operation, testing and adjustment of various types of conventional or automatic machines.
- 11. Carry out routine machine maintenance including machine oiling and cleaning using compressed air system.
- 12. Provide creative advice regarding design, placement and thread selection
- 13. Aptitude for math, problem solving, computers and mechanics
- 14. . Work within established efficiency and quality standards to ensure embroidery work is completed accurately and on time.
- 15 Checks that items produced pass quality control test.
- 16. Adhere to proper SARSs and all safe work practices as indicated in the policy manual.
- 17. Provide guidance and training to new staff.
- 18. Melco Embroidery machine technology a plus.
- 19. Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.
- Handles multiple tasks and priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization skills.
- Must be able to work well independently or with others.
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Florence, KY
Application Deadline: N/A