Website BGold Corp
This work as a career listing is about BGold Corp in Bamako, Bamako, Mali 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
Biodiversity Superintendent, Regional Projects
The Biodiversity Superintendent is responsible for leading biodiversity risk management for the Regional Environment Team, the Regional Project Team and B2Gold Mali through the exploration, construction, operation and closure phases of all regional B2Gold projects based in Mali. This includes strategic planning and the development and implementation of technical strategies that are key components of the Regional Biodiversity Management Plan.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Regional Environmental Manager, this position will be an 9/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Support the Environmental Manager to effectively enforce B2Gold’s biodiversity and environmental policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure continuous conformance to the Mining Code, other applicable environmental and biodiversity regulations, and international policies and standards while keeping informed of new environmental directives.
- Provide inputs and participate in the review of ESIAs and Environmental Statements, ensuring proper implementation of all conditions and requirements of granted Mining Permit, Notices, and associated management and monitoring plans as well as the timely submission of all required regulatory reports.
- Ensure all environmental requirements and documents required by the regulators are prepared/ submitted within reasonable time prior to the construction, development, and operation of any facilities and structures.
- Support the Environment Manager by managing and processing Environmental Clearance Applications (ECA). Ensure all ECAs and associated permits commitmentsequirements are complied, prior to the construction/development, and operation of any facilities or structures.
- Take the lead in the development, delivery and update of the Regional Biodiversity Management Plan including the biodiversity stakeholder engagement and awareness plan.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of method statements for the project’s biodiversity risk management.
- Prepare technical biodiversity reports regularly and oversee the preparation and delivery of the weekly and monthly reports to the GM and Corporate Team.
- Technical review and signoff of environmental/biodiversity related reports, SOPs, procedures, ECAs, GIS data/ databases, statistical analysis, flash reports, and others generated by the Environmental Department personnel.
- Oversight of quality assurance processes for data management (i.e. GIS, surveys and monitoring).
- Provide technical input and support to the development and implementation of projects managed by the Regional Project Group, CSR, and Exploration such as the livelihood restoration plan, artisanal and small-scale mining management plan, and others.
- Lead the Environmental Department in providing support to operations and projects by performing environmental assessments and identifying risks in order to establish mitigating measures prior to any construction, development, and operation of any structures or facilities.
- Provide support to Environmental staffs and personnel by mentoring and professional development to ensure targets/objectives and KPIs are met. Ensure performance targets are evaluated and communicated to them.
- Ensure the participation of Environment staffs/personnel in all company mandated learning programs to enhance skills and competencies as well as the adherence to all OHSE standards and policies.
- Support the Environmental Manager on other administrative functions such as but not limited to, the preparation and review of the Environmental Department’s budget, monitoring of the expenditures, generation of external and internal reports.
- Line management of the Senior Biodiversity Officer, Biodiversity Officer – Monitoring/Ecological Clerk of Works, Biodiversity Officer – Risk Management, and Field Agents.
- Maintain good working relationships with other departments.
Competencies and Requirements
- Degree in Ecological/Biodiversity/ Environmental Management or related field.
- Post graduate degree related to Ecological/Biodiversity/ Environmental Management or related field.
- At least 10 years of work experience in environmental management preferably in the extractive industry (i.e. mining, or oil and gas sectors).
- 3 years’ experience in similar position is an advantage.
- Experience of line management is advantageous but not essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of GIS ArcPro and Excel database management, quality assurance, univariant and multivariant statistics, spatial data structures and analysis, and coordinate system.
- Have a sound knowledge of environmental regulations and relevant international standards and guidance.
- Substantial experience of biodiversity / environmental risk management during construction including experience of working as an Ecological Clerk of Works (or similar) for a major project under construction.
- Substantial experience of undertaking fieldwork (i.e. demonstrate the ability to navigate through the bush and lead a team in the field),and designing and implementing different types of biodiversity surveys and monitoring techniques.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the key components of monitoring plans (e.g. KPIs, threshold values etc.) and the process of adaptive management.
- Knowledgeable on Environmental Management System ISO 14001.
- Experienced at undertaking and reviewing Risk Assessment and S.L.A.M (or similar) in the workplace.
- A specialism in ecology (e.g. botany, or ornithology etc.) and / or knowledge of aspects of West African ecology is advantageous.
- Understand the key components and the approach of preparing a Scoping Study, Environmental Impact Assessment and Terms of Reference.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Company: BGold Corp
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Application Deadline: N/A