This Job Listing is about GSK in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Site Name: Johannesburg Bute
Posted Date: Apr 13 2022
Exciting Opportunity for a Finance Manager in GSK!
As a Finance Manager, you will use your finance expertise to build partnerships with the business, and help drive the strategic business plan, supporting strategy and decision making with critical financial insights.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for end-to-end Sales and GM business partnering. Includes:
- All month end activities
- Continual tracking of Trade spend and associated ROI’s
- Understanding of all COGS levers, tracking vs actuals and forecasting
- Improve the quality and integrity of reports such as, but not limited to the Monthly Flash, Forecast, Management Commentary & Annual budget.
- Provide insight to the Sales leadership team on commercial and total business unit performance, including analysis against budget, forecast and prior year
- Identify risks and opportunities to the commercial delivery of budget and then work with functional partners to ensure these are either mitigated or harvested
- Run the forecasting and budgeting process up to GM ensuring a robust, deliverable plan with clear risks & opportunities identified
- Maintain an effective risk and internal control environment to ensure smooth audit and Internal control audit through high level of financial governance and control
- From the strategy through to budget and in year delivery process, identify value creation opportunities through margin, SKU and spend optimization
- Support Sales team both financially and analytically towards business goals and priorities.
- Responsible to manage the total Trade Spend budget & tracking.
- Assisting in accounting treatment for Trade spend as well as guiding teams to make financial decisions.
- Run the forecast up to GM, through working closely with business partners (sales and supply) ensuring forecast accuracy.
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimize business opportunities and minimize risk/cost to the business.
- Evaluate and report actual versus planned outcomes up to GM.
- Continually improve budgeting and re-forecasting processes to create accurate and dynamic business forecasts
- Forecasting projects – responsible to lead, drive and mix analysis and optimization within the organization
- CIMA Qualified
- Experience in SAP, Power BI, Full Microsoft office
- 3-5 years’ experience in FMCG and/or Pharma
- Business knowledge &Technical finance knowledge
- Ability to provide effective financial management for a complex organization using technical expertise and analytical skills
- Understanding of financial systems and processes
- Able to perform under pressure
- Deadline driven
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge, and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your
authentic self belongs and thrives.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A