Website Clear Safety Compliance
This work as a career listing is about Clear Safety Compliance in LondonArea,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Fire Safety Consultant:
As a rapidly expanding compliance consultancy, we are seeking a qualified fire safety consultant/inspector to join our Fire Safety team in a full-time capacity. We are looking for someone who can cope with this dynamic role, whilst adopting a proportionate and common-sense approach to this ever-changing field.
The successful applicant will be supported by an experienced fire risk management team, delivering inspections and consultancy on various fire safety issues, primarily (but not exclusively) within the social housing and education sectors.
This work stream involves the provision of fire safety information for the in-house fire safety teams of our clients and may include:
- Producing technical reports, including fire risk assessments where necessary, and providing remedial action recommendations as part of our inspection regime for our clients.
- Providing fire safety advice to clients, both written and oral.
- Representing our company at meetings.
- Carrying out site audits and desktop quality assurance of our internal reports, FRA’s and various other types of fire safety reports. This would include validation of our own fire risk assessments.
- Ensuring clients are compliant with current legislation using the relevant guidance and standards applicable.
- Oversight of fire safety projects undertaken by contractors, from the initial quotation stage through to delivery and certification.
- Surveying fire doors and fire stopping.
- Liaising with our in-house inspectors, sub-contractors of clients, housing officers and fire safety managers.
The person will:
- Be qualified with NEBOSH General and Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate or have at least a Level 3 fire risk assessment qualification recognised by the IFE (Institution of Fire Engineers) or IFSM (Institute of Fire Safety Managers) and have an ambition to add to this qualification.
- Have good records of CPD and willing to self-enhance their knowledge of fire safety.
- Have a good knowledge of UK legislation and guidance, including housing fire safety guidance.
- Be a member of the IFSM or IFE. (This is desirable).
- Need to have some experience in residential fire risk.
- Have a suitable fire door inspector qualification. (This is beneficial)
- Have a reasonable knowledge of construction, upgrades and refurbishment would be preferred. (Whilst this is not a building surveyor role, this would be preferred).
- Be able to work on their own initiative and have an ambition to self-improve and be part of a team.
- Have good links for work in the London area but be willing to travel further when required, including to the office in Kent on occasion.
- Have a clean driving licence.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Our offer to you
- A salary of 50K.
- All travel expenses paid.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- A commitment from Clear Safety to offer a full training package to support your growth.
- Any equipment required to carry out your role.
- Flexible working arrangements, with home working included.
- To be part of an exciting company growth opportunity.
Company: Clear Safety Compliance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: LondonArea,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A