Website Zurich North America
This Job Listing is about Zurich North America in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
Zurich is looking for a General Liability Claims Handler Manager. .
As Team Manager, you will drive superior claim results through leadership, performance management, professional development and coaching, and technical direction. You will coordinate work activities of the team to maximize their contributions, continuous development and operational improvements. Additionally, you will conduct claim quality file audits, participate in claim reviews, approve claim payment/authority, compile team productivity reports, business problem solving, and ensure compliance and best practices of the team.
As a claims manager, you will participate and ensure customer service excellence and management of partnerships with key internal and external contacts including legal counsel, customers, insureds, underwriters, brokers, and vendors.
You will be a change agent and may also have opportunity to participate in projects and initiatives that drive the GL Claims business strategy in alignment with the overall Claims organization, and gain visibility with the Claims senior leadership team.
This position can be located in , Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA office.
Occasional domestic business travel may be needed.
- Oversee the operational workload of team of Claims Professionals in personal or commercial property/casualty lines of business; ensuring resources are fully utilized to deliver against agreed upon service levels.
- Monitor and review the performance and behavior of team members and take action to ensure a high performance culture, compliance with the company´s policies and codes of conduct.
- Regularly communicate organizational updates to team to ensure awareness and alignment with strategy and business priorities and foster employee engagement.
- Provide advisory services to colleagues on a daily basis, by being focal point of contact, to ensure adherence to the company´s policies and processes.
- Build and measure success against customer specific claims handling protocol and/or customer proposition charter to fulfill the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Build relationships with key customers in order to drive customer satisfaction.
- Build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors in order to drive customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development of processes and lead the implementation of systems and process improvements which drive consistency and continuous improvement across own area of claims.
- Oversee change within area of claims, ensuring different initiatives across the organization are aligned to business goals and are delivered successfully.
- Translate claims objectives into clearly defined actions and behavior expectations in order to deliver results for the organization.
- Investigate and review escalated customer cases and represent the organization in contentious cases to ensure a speedy resolution in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation, implementation and communication of established policy, procedures and operating standards is completed for area of responsibility to ensure compliance, quality and consistency.
- Advise subordinate and stakeholders in area of specialism to raise issues as soon as possible and develop team’s capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims area that includes technical claims handling in the general liability line of business OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims area that includes technical claims handling in general liability line of business OR
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims area that includes experience in general liability line of business AND
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience collaborating across work groups
- Knowledge of insurance legal statutes and procedures
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- 6 or more years of GL technical claims handling experience
- 2 or more years of people management experience
- Experience with change management initiatives
- Negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Addison, AM – Atlanta
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #Hybrid
Company: Zurich North America
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A