This work as a career listing is about Recruita in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
ModnPods are leaders in sustainable modular living. Designing and manufacturing beautifully crafted innovative and sustainable living spaces for Australian families, holiday parks and enterprise clients since 2015. This role will be instrumental in creating an Australian success story, as a key part of the Senior Leadership Team and contribute social value to our community.
ModnPods boasts a fast-growing group of passionate individuals who are comfortable working as a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment.
We believe in the success of our people and ensure they are equipped with what they need to exceed client expectations. We also believe in fostering a values aligned culture – celebrating our wins, team BBQs, team building events and opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. Most importantly, think of yourself in a fun and supportive work environment with the autonomy to succeed. We are values-based leaders, we set clear expectations, and we execute for our stakeholders.
About The Position
Based on the Gold Coast and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the GM Manufacturing is a newly created role that will lead the industrial design and implementation of an assembly line and be responsible for lean manufacturing of modular homes and offices.
It is the GM Manufacturing’s responsibility to provide critical leadership and direction in establishing the operational and production requirements for the new expanded manufacturing plant on the Gold Coast, Queensland. You will play a key role in safety leadership at ModnPods.
With your extensive lean manufacturing and modular manufacturing pedigree, you will lead a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and work collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. The GM Manufacturing will assume full accountability for the on-time delivery of enterprise client forward orders, whilst maintaining quality standards and margin performance.
Critical to the success of this appointment will be influencing a high-performance culture, leading operational excellence in lean manufacturing, and ensuring strong governance frameworks are established that align with ModnPods values, systems, and processes.
The role will be primarily responsible for overall management of all customer projects to specification, quality, schedule and budget. The role will have responsibility for industrial design of the assembly line, lean manufacturing, full planning, strategic materials procurement, quality control, maintaining and reporting on progress of each project build and contract management to ensure ModnPods sets a new benchmark as the industry disruptor.
Project Magenta serves to guide ModnPods scaling ambitions as we relocate to a 6,200 sqm manufacturing facility in Arundel as follows:-
- Manufacture minimum 200 Pods;
- Grow 100 Jobs in professional and trades personnel;
- Enta – Focus on enterprise customers across Australia
Specifically, Key Accountabilities Include
- Partner with the CEO and Founder on the industrial design and deployment of an assembly line to scale production capacity and assume overall leadership for operational delivery;
- Lead the implementation of modular manufacturing methods using innovation in lean manufacturing, “best practice” materials management and enable current and emerging technologies to ensure quality, give certainty to project delivery timeframes, drive cost efficiencies and contribute to major client wins with operational and execution excellence;
- In consultation with the Senior Leadership Team, develop and implement the ModnPods strategic and operational plan that reflect the strategic direction and priorities of the Board;
- Develop strong internal and external stakeholder relationships, including clients, employees, suppliers, relevant influencers and decision makers to ensure proactive communication channels are maintained at all times;
- Formulate, design and implement a manufacturing roadmap that aligns with ModnPods’ national expansion strategy and ensure quality standards are never compromised;
- Creation of processes and systems to manage the manufacturing facility and deliver ‘best practice’ performance;
- Safety leadership and nurture a culture of continuous improvement;
- Overall Performance of the manufacturing facility including manufacturing cost, schedule and quality;
- Project management and governance, financial management, margin performance, organisational reporting, risk and issue management and compliance for ultimate reporting for delivery to the Board of Directors;
- Manage operational and product related risks with innovative solutions;
- Lead Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Resilience;
- Lead sustainability initiatives across all areas of manufacturing and operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design advanced lean manufacturing systems and processes to achieve growth projections based on solid client relationships and confirmed forward order pipeline with a safety first culture and mindset;
- Build, lead and manage an operations team to achieve optimum efficiencies and create a positive team culture amongst supervisory staff and employees;
- Manage delivery schedule for each customer project, based on customer contracted dates;
- Recruit, lead and manage the workshop to ensure projects run to schedule;
- Formulate and manage budgets, production schedules, business plans and measuring systems to give confidence to customers, board and management;
- Coordinate subcontractors, trade staff and process appropriate documentation (e.g., Council approvals and manage engineering and civil contractors);
- Maintain appropriate stock levels, conduct stock takes and procure materials;
- Document quality control systems throughout project completion;
- Report on project progress through the project lifecycle and drive out-performance;
- Manage and maintain assembly line and capital works projects to improve operations;
- Formalise project administration to improve operations and efficiencies; and
- Ensure safe working practices, incident reporting and continuous improvement.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A