This work as a career listing is about Crossover in Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a finance systems expert and a seasoned auditor or controller? When you find key discrepancies while auditing statements or reviewing business performance reports, do you insist on diving into the ERP system to find the key issue? When you see a manual process that causes your finance and accounting teams to struggle, do you leverage the stock functionality of your ERP to simplify away manual work? If you answer yes to these questions, we want you.
You will be part of Trilogy’s finance function, which today runs over 100 acquired software companies and continues to grow. We don’t run each company separately. Instead, we create a standard best practice for each task and process with a single, 100% remote team. That makes this job dramatically different. You will learn more in 1 month here than in a year working anywhere else.
Most companies consider being global and 100% remote a liability and are currently suffering through a transition forced on them by the pandemic. We’re different. In the early 2000s, we recognized that going global and remote was “The Future of Work” and went all-in. It is true that moving to a global, remote environment is really hard – you need to completely replace synchronous processes with asynchronous ones, verbal communication with written, and ambiguous goals with clear task assignment and quality expectations. But once you do all that, you can unlock a 24/7, 4-shift, 4x pace of execution.
You don’t need to be an asynchronous work expert. You simply need to be hard-working, hands-on, and have solid accounting and finance fundamentals (US GAAP or IFRS), and we will teach you the rest. Whether you stay here until you retire, or you use your newly acquired skills as a gateway to your next international job, we are interested in meeting you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Leading with your finance systems expertise: You will guide the team with the finance systems experience you’ve gained over the years, pointing them in the right direction to simplify the most complex tasks.
- Spending one day per week “doing the work”: By getting your hands dirty with real tasks that your teams do each day, you will draw simplification insights to make your processes world-class.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Project managing the work of low-level managers. We lead by doing, not by being hands-off.
- Overseeing steady-state operations. Our culture is continuous improvement. You will never stop improving quality and productivity with deep knowledge and hard evidence.
Group Finance Director key responsibilities
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or MBA
- Experience working in a finance or accounting role for a USD $100M+ organization
- Experience: (i) being an auditor at a top 10 global accounting firm for at least 5 years; or (ii) being audited by a top 10 global accounting firm at least 5 times
- Professional experience working with a large business ERP (e.g. NetSuite, SAP)
- Availability to work any shift we assign to you (any time of the day, Monday-Friday)
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $200 USD/hour, which equates to $400,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/autheset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3652-ZW-Chitungw-GroupFinanceDi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: N/A